sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Exactly, also the sillyness of the Roku ban, as everyday another Android device comes out that can run HBOGO and is authorized because of the Android OS. I wonder if my Raspberry Pi will work?

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@wsalopek wrote:

The original poster was making the point, that since OUYA is Android-based, and since HBO GO is supported by Comcast on Android, that the OUYA should be able to play HBO GO for a Comcast subscriber, the exact same way that Comcast subscriber could watch HBO GO on their Android-based phone.

He also said that since it doesn't support Google Play, unless there was a hack for the OUYA that he wouldn't be able to get the app.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Just because it is Android does not guarantee it will work. I have an Android tablet that plays HBOGO but if I try to play it through my TV it is blocked. Don't be surprised if your device does not work.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

Exactly! I also have an android phone with playon and playto on it. I can finally stream youtube again, but hbogo does not work. You have to stop and ask yourself. The fact that you are on here for something you pay for. Does comcast deserve one more month of you money? Or will you accept begging?

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@ATCDAV wrote:
Just because it is Android does not guarantee it will work. I have an Android tablet that plays HBOGO but if I try to play it through my TV it is blocked. Don't be surprised if your device does not work.

Yep.  BTW, that combination for internet and tv you were thinking about in your post that got deleted (oddly enough, at the exact time I was trying to respond to it last night)- it is working quite well for me. If you want to pm me for details on our setup here...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

@sandyandy wrote:

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

If you are a TIme Warner Cable subscriber you can now stream all TMC content on the Roku.  If TMC can do it, why not Comcast?  I only have Comcast in my living room, but I have Rokus on the rest of my TV's.  It would be nice to be able to stream comcast on my Rokus just as TMC users now can.  I also do not understand why so many cable providers allow their subscribers to access HBO Go on their Rokus, but Comcast will not.  Very poor customer service Comcast!

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@robfos33 wrote:

@sandyandy wrote:

If you are a TIme Warner Cable subscriber you can now stream all TMC content on the Roku.  If TMC can do it, why not Comcast?  I only have Comcast in my living room, but I have Rokus on the rest of my TV's.  It would be nice to be able to stream comcast on my Rokus just as TMC users now can.  I also do not understand why so many cable providers allow their subscribers to access HBO Go on their Rokus, but Comcast will not.  Very poor customer service Comcast!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Uverse Friday.....hopefully. :).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Come on Comcast quit making deals with XBOX and give us the content we pay for on whatever device we want... I am wondering if some legal action can be taken as we pay for a service that is being blocked... This is all about money so maybe a money hungry lawyer is just what is needed to get the ball rolling on this...

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I can't believe I pay Comcast $150 a month for premium cable and internet and they won't allow me to access HBO GO on my ROKU player.  Why??  I still watch cable, use xfinity streampix, on demand...the whole boat.  Why do they choose to limit available content.  Direct customer service would be nice instead of trying to find answers on my own via message boards.  I'll have to call the 800 number I suppose.  And keep calling until they can give me an answer or resolution.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@Milsma wrote:

I can't believe I pay Comcast $150 a month for premium cable and internet and they won't allow me to access HBO GO on my ROKU player.  Why??  I still watch cable, use xfinity streampix, on demand...the whole boat.  Why do they choose to limit available content.  Direct customer service would be nice instead of trying to find answers on my own via message boards.  I'll have to call the 800 number I suppose.  And keep calling until they can give me an answer or resolution.

Let me help you out and save some time.  If Roku HBOgo is that important, you are going to need to find another provider like many of us already have. Comcast is not going to allow it on the Roku in the foreseeable future.  Making it that convenient for you limits their control.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hello,

I really enjoy my Comcast service but I continue to be frustrated by Comcast's industry-lagging support for HBOGO on Roku and Samsung Smart TVs. HBOGO apps exist on Roku and Samsung Smart TVs - Comcast just chooses not to provide the service, even as all or most of the largest competitors do.

When can we expect a solution for this issue?

Thanks for reading my post.

Best,

M

Problem Solver

• 

965 Messages

11 years ago

Perhaps the following thread might be of some assistance: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/ROKU-HBO-GO/td-p/1100271

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. I read that thread before posting and was kind of surprised that well over a year later, Comcast has provided no response and done nothing.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I too think it would be fantastic to have an App for Streampix to run through Roku.  

My husband & I are currently living in 2 different states.  He currently does not have a cable box in his location. In order for him to get a cable box, it would require him to have a seperate account.  AKA A NEW BILL..

He currently watches the OnDemand shows & catch up with the Premium channels shows that we pay for, on his laptop.

Being able to view/stream on a larger TV screen would be ideal for him. With Xbox360 you have to have a Gold Live Subscription, at an extra cost t view the channels we are already paying for.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here