sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Here's an Xfinity Facebook post that several of us contributed to earlier this year.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I ordered Verizon FIOS yesyerday to be installed next Monday. I can already get HBOGO through Verizon on my ROKU.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

11 years ago

I have already got an Apple TV on one of my sets, and subscribe to HBO, but was looking at ROKU for another one of my sets because it is one of the few "little boxes" which can be connected via Ethernet.  I've come to the conclusion that Comcast must be in some kind of financial war with HBO based on their size and that we are all just pawns in the game.  Anyone up for a subscriber supported lawsuit?  How about bombarding the FCC with letters?  Frankly, I suspect the ROKU folks would chip in, maybe HBO would too?

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@jb60202 wrote:
Because hbogo adds content that is not on demand like earlier seasons of shows. If I could get all the seasons (Treme for instance) I wouldn't need it to stream. All these guys are nuts. I can watch hbogo on my iPad but not on AppleTV. I got the Roku so I could and then found Comcast doesn't support it on Roku but they do on iPad. What is the deal? This is so stupid.

The inability to stream HBO Go on Roku is one reason I left Comcast and went back to Dish, where the Roku is supported. What is really nice is that Dish HBO on demand carries ALL of the HBO series, and all episodes of them. (Treme being one). The Roku is not needed for HBO Go at home, although I do use it for many other channels, including Netflix and Hulu Plus (which carries some channels that just don't exist anywhere else). Roku being small enough lets us travel with it though and provides options we don't have at many hotels. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I already have four set top boxes, but its not just about cable boxes.  I have some rooms with no cable at all, and it is costly to have a consultant run more cable line.  Wifi Roku is an affordable option.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I am looking forward to switching from Comcast when I soon move.  A neighbor in my new neighborhood said they have a different provider for this exact reason, and they are very happy with that service and price.  Goodbye Comcast!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I will add to the very large group of people angry with comcast about blocking HBO GO on Roku. I sadly live in a building that I am forced to have comcast. Comcast, do one thing right and get us HBO GO on Roku!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Just got the Roku HD device & was SO excited to finally be able to access all the content on HBOGO, but when I went to add it, I couldn't find Xfinity/Comcast on the list! Is this true or am I missing something? If it's true, it is HIGHLY disappointing...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just wanted to add my voice to this long chain of posts -- Comcast, *please* allow HBO GO (a service we are already paying for) to be accessed via Roku!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I second your statement!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

HBO go provides HBO series tv from the beginning.  HBO on the television - on demand is only select episodes.  I agree - Comcast has to get off the a...... and fix this problem.  I have a smart tv and a roku but cannot access hbogo - it can only be accessed thru an xbox.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

11 years ago

That is a well thought out comment. I love the reply that "it was a licence issue." Would that be the licence to raise your rates rediculously high and provide nothing more? It has to do with size, power and need. Google got too big and shoved it up the old wazoo of roku and stopped roku and wii fromm streaming youtube. And xfinity went from comcast to xfinity, got too big and became the king of england in the 1700s. Charged more for things and expected you to peck at the crumbs given, and shut up about it.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@vincent228 wrote:
That is a well thought out comment. I love the reply that "it was a licence issue." Would that be the licence to raise your rates rediculously high and provide nothing more? It has to do with size, power and need. Google got too big and shoved it up the old wazoo of roku and stopped roku and wii fromm streaming youtube. And xfinity went from comcast to xfinity, got too big and became the king of england in the 1700s. Charged more for things and expected you to peck at the crumbs given, and shut up about it.

http://www.multichannel.com/content/comcast-directv-say-no-go-hbo-roku

"We believe this was a conscious decision made by the management teams of DirecTV and Comcast in order to protect their brand and identity in consumers' living rooms," BTIG analyst Rich Greenfield wrote in a blog post.

It has nothing to do with licensing-Roku does not charge fees and offers royalty free licenses to anyone who wants to put up a channel. HBO Go already licenses with XFinity.  This is a deliberate decision by Xfinity to refuse to allow their subscribers access to the feature.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

In response to HBOGO on comcast i would also like to get this added to ROKU  i do not see what the problem is we pay extra for HBO and HBOGO is availabe on other devices and laptops.   

I WANT HBOGO ON ROKU

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

i also would like comcast to offer HBOGO on the ROKU player.  i subscribe to HBO and i would like it available on ROKU

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here