sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

I'm with vincent228.  There is no excuse for Comcast not letting us stream HBOGO on our Roku devices, it just stinks.  And like any steaming heap not picked, this pile of corporate profiteering continues to reek. 

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

I appreciate that. Itjust seemed like everything died off, as soon as someone came up with another way to do this. There is absolutely no reason for comcast to make us have to do that with PLAY-ON (which, btw, is horrible on my tv. I guess my pc isnt up to the task. So thus, another cost). Iwas like someone on this forum said "LOOK OVER THERE !", and everyone went ooooooh. Look at the pretty rainbow. The point of these posts were "this is not right". Then it changed to, "how can we make it right ourselves by circumventing comcast?". It went from insisting to settling.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

Truth be told, I think activity died off because people have realized Comcast could care less about what we think or want.  This thread has expressed the desire of the community quite well enough, with hardly a response from Comcast, other than canned replies.  So, our attempts for clarity, or satisfaction, have merely fallen on deaf, uncaring corporate ears.  Once I am no longer part of Comcasts captive audience, (my suburb has no other available internet/cable carriers), and I do believe technology will shortly provide another route, I will remember this, and other ill treatments, (unfair pricing and bundling, random price increases, poor customer service,etc....), and respond accordingly.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Just saw this article showing that Time Warner is soon to allow HBO Go via Roku and XBox.  

Come on Comcast!  Get with it!  I'm picking up the phone to AT&T Uverse!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/17/time-warner-cable-confirms-hbo-go-streaming-is-now-available-on/

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I doubt the decision is because Comcast couldn't care less.  It is likely a revenue decision.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

We have been round and round about the possible reasons why Comcast is not enabling this feature for us.  The truth is that we may never know for sure, but it isn't a revenue issue.  If anything, it is an ROI issue.  There is no doubt a greater return of investment in spending thousands/millions/whatever marketing dollars to convince new customers that Comcast cares, has good customer service, etc. than actually delivering on these promises.  Customers who have been with Comcast for a while know better.

And monopolies work, just ask Comcast.  Disatisfied customers with few other options are, well, still customers...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Please add Comcast to the Roku family of viewers.  We need you!

seeing all others who are on the Roku family list and will be thinking of

going elsewhere.  HBO to GO is everywhere why not Comcast?????

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

Agree.. would be real nice to have HBO go on Roku.  Most of the other providers have included Roku

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Exactly!  What are their reasons for not partnering with Roku for HBO GO.  We're already paying for HBO - what's the deal?  And, although their customer service people are very nice, the whole system SUCKS!  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Just got Comcast, it's the only cable game in town - had to give up Dish TV, it don't work at my new house.  I am so disappointed to find out that I can't get HBO GO on my Roku.  What's up with that?  I pay for HBO - what is Comcasts justification for not partnering with Roku?  This is crazy.  

Comcast, Xfinity, partner with Roku NOW!

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Because Comcast could not give a hoot about use or our preferences.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

yes, I'm wondering the same thing-----can't use my Paid For HBO on my Roku, either. What's up with that?

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

Customers can make it happen if they want to. Question is - are they willing?

If possible switch to other TV provider who provides HBO GO on Roku. It's likely this may continue with other services  in future if you are sticking with Comcast. Think of emerging SMART TVs with various services and so forth.

Don't ever subscribe to Streampix

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

THE TRUTH - Comcast belives allowing us to use HBOgo on these devices, regardless of it being tied to our cable service, will lead us to cord cutting. This is a fear based corporate decision and unfortunately it makes Comcast a less valuable service. Comcast fears innovation unless that innovation is controlled and directed by them alone. Because of their near monopoly, innovation occurs at a speed of their choosing NOT by market conditions. Why do you think we have been stuck with these terrible blue DVR guides for over a decade when TiVo had a beautiful guide back in 2000 ? After hindering and reversing DVR progress for 10 years they finally "decide" to innovate with the the new X1 guide. Good luck on ever getting HBO go, the only reason they allowed it on Xbox was due to criticism by netflix head Reed Hastings. Go ahead and switch to Verizon ,If it's not effecting their bottom line they really don't care.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Post number 571 and I just received the most amusing email from xfinity ever. Xfinity sent an email stating they had made my payment experience easier. Well thank you very much xfinity for making it easier for me to pay you. But no thank you xfinity for making impossible for me to get what I already paid 4.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here