sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Add me to the list of frustrated Comcast customers who have a Roku box.  Comcast, I pay you enough money a month. I can watch HBO GO on my phone and iPad, why not Roku?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Because you can watch it on TV instead of on other devices. HBO GO offers everything and Xfinity OnDemand just few things regarding HBO. Comcast doesn't loose anything just might make some customers mad since other providers are already there

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I agree! Comcast has some old school managers making decisions and they do not understand technology these days. For example If you check the DVR features like Ethernet connection to share recordings, expanding your HardDrive capacity via eSata - Comcast has no clue they this features don't wirk even though they promote it in user manuals.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I'm considering cancelling xfinity because it doesn't support his feature.  Why not??????

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

PLEASE FIX THIS XFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mttobe wrote:

Why isn't HBO GO supported on the Roku?

Per the HBO GO activation page:

"Comcast XFINITY does not support HBO GO on Roku Streaming Players.

For further assistance, please contact Comcast XFINITY.
Comcast XFINITY supports HBO GO on other devices.
Visit hbogo.com on your computer to learn more.."

Comcast AND HBO are about to lose my money if this remains the case.

Work this out and FIX IT!

-P

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

An interesting new verbal supporter, Reed Hasting President of Netflix posted on Facebook (click to go to his post), funny how he believes HBO to be his biggest rivel but he still wants his HBOGO on his Roku and XBOX. He has hit all the right points.

I want my HBO GO. 

When I try to use HBO GO on my Xbox or on my Roku, I find that Comcast is blocking HBO GO, and won’t let me use HBO GO on these TV-connected devices. 

Comcast: I’m paying you a lot of money for HBO, so please let me watch HBO GO on my TV. 

Once I get HBO GO on my Xbox, then it will be strange that streaming Game of Thrones from the HBO GO app on my Xbox will count against my Comcast internet cap, but when I watch those same Game of Thrones streams through the Comcast app on Xbox, over the same wifi connection to my Xbox, then it will not count against my cap. Hmmm…

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Is Comcast not giving this option??

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.6K Messages

12 years ago

Roku will work with NetFlix, HulaPlus, Pandora and the other video suppliers but not HBO to Go. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

I posted this is the XBox/HboGo Thread

https://www.facebook.com/ComcastUnblockHboGoForRokuAndXbox?ref=tn_tnmn

I started a page on Facebook. Maybe we can get some numbers and become the squeaky wheel

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I spoke with a rep online from DirectTV today and was told not only do they support the HBO Go if I switch from comcast they will look in the price for the entire two years of the contract.

So make sure you talk to them ONLINE and not via phone because they said that is only available online.

Comcast doesn't deserve our business if they won't allow us access to something we pay for.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

The guy you talked to at DirecTV didn't know what he was talking about.  They offer the same authorization as Comcast which includes mobile and desktop computers, NO ROKU!  If it isn't listed on the hbogo activate page, it isn't going to work.  Dish is the only satellite provider that allows the ROKU to connect. See the following: http://www.hbogo.com/activate

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

My son says there is an app on the Xbox 360 for Xfinity and he can watch Hbogo from there. but not an actual HBO Go app.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

The Xfininity app is only the normal Comcast OnDemand service with limited HBO content.

I watched a demo of HBO GO and its like having a BR Disc of the shows with behind the scenes and director/ cast commentary. HBO GO is FAR FAR SUPERIOR.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I'm disappointed that comcast has blocked this.  I guess thats one more reason to go all appletv.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here