sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

Hey PghBoy, thanks for posting this and it makes me feel good to see that HBO is pushing hard from the top-down to make this happen.  This was some great reading and as it mentions, total backward thinking from the providers to not allow this.  It's obvious that they don't have a friggen clue how much better the Roku experience is over On Demand.  The fact that they say one thing that it's okay for a smartphone or desktop to connect and not the Roku makes NO sense at all!  I've seen HBO GO work on a Roku and the experience is much better then browser based version.  DirecTV is absolutely crazy for not allowing this because I would cut the cable today and sign up for their service if they offered HBO GO on Ruku.  I have a funny feeling that Microsoft cut a deal with Comcast for the xBox  and part of it was NO other connected to TV devices.  I seriously wish the FCC would jump into this or a technology law firm would bring a lawsuit against Comcast.  Just hang in there, the fireworks will be coming!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

The only way this has been allowed to happen is there has to be a deal that no one can back out of.  Of course this is very shortsighted from the beginning and is a partnership that counts out the customers interest in place of their own.  This is a Netflix way of thinking and they haven't just tied there hands together they placed handcuffs on themselves.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Boo hiss, Comcast!

For $200 a month you'd think this would buy you a little bit of HBO/Roku integration...

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Here, Here!!! I just bought a Roku Box for the primary purpose of watching HBO GO on my TV (without having the hook-up my laptop via HDMI) and now I find out Comcast is blocking it?!?!?! That really SUX!!! Come on Comcast...listen to your customers!!! We want Roku support for HBO GO!!! I can already watch it on my laptop, my phone and my TV (through my laptop)...why make things difficult???

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

12 years ago

I have a Samsung Smart TV and they are rolling out the HBO Go app...Comcast is not allowing it to be used there either.

Guess its not Roku they hate, its their customers....

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Here is the email I got from Comcast in response to my inquiry:

"Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting Comcast Email Support. My name is Kristine and
I appreciate the time you took to email us regarding your online feature
inquiry. I hope you are having a great day.

I understand that you would like to verify when will Roku be compatible
for HBO Go application. I certainly know how important it is to utilize
all the services and features being offered by Comcast as this will help
you maximize your viewing pleasure. I will be happy to provide you with
all the relevant information about HBO Go application. Rest assured that
your service inquiry will be properly taken care of.

Todd, after checking my resources, I have verified that you Roku is
not yet a supported device for HBO Go application. You need not to worry
as Comcast agrees with you that this technology is something every
customer desires. Therefore, we can let you know that we are currently
testing and working to roll this out. Our roll-out dates are constantly
changing; however, we appreciate your patience and business. We want to
ensure good quality with all of our products and services. We look
forward to delivering this to you in the near future as we test out new
products and technology.

Please note that you may also send in your comments, suggestions or
feedback with Comcast services at the link provided below:

http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

We are unable to provide specific details regarding the launch of this
service at this time, please keep an eye on your monthly billing
statement as the announcement of any HBO Go application features will
appear on those statements."

Yeah right..."Roku is not yet a supported device for HBO Go application"... We all know that is NOT TRUE! It is Comcast that is not supporting Roku!!!

Come on folks!!! Let Comcast know that you are unhappy about this! Fight the power!!! 🙂

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Come on HBO, we need Roku. I was so excited when I bought my Roku only to have the doo-doo look on my face when comcast was not supported. As a subscriber who pays on time and in full every month, we should have access to this!!!!!

For what it's worth, I shot an email over to them. My thoughts are if we continue to bombard them with our concerns and complaints, maybe we'll get access soon.... 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same problem with Roku fellows.

I want HBO.Go on my Smart TV.

Why, why, why on earth you are not participating???

Are you trying to play power game???

I am sorry, but live news and HBO.GO are only channels I am watching when I pay $100 per month.

Seriously, why not participating HOB.GO?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have a Samsung Smart Tv and in our bedroom we have the Roku why does Comcast not support HBO go when Charter,At+t,Dish network and a few more support these devices? I think the comcast co wants our $$ but does not care about the Customer themselves...we can speak with our $$ if that would help!!! I am thinking about taking my business >>> Its up to you comcast!!!!

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

I love how they keep saying they are looking to make it comparable like roku hasn't already done all the work

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

12 years ago

I posted on the XFinity Facebook page:

"When will Comcast allow us to watch HBO GO via our Roku devices? Comcast has signed off on HBO GO on our phones, pads and laptops, but for some reason has withheld permission for the Roku device. According to HBO, there is are no technical problems; Comcast has only to give its OK. 

Please see http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/02/08/time-warner-ceo-sends-clear-signal-to-cable-operators/"

They replied:

" Bill, we have been looking into this and dicussing possible negotiations with Roku. But, no decision has been made. In the meantime, I do want you to know all the ways you can watch your HBO TV shows and movies with XFINITY TV. You can watch EVERYTHING that is available via HBO GO via the XFINITY TV app on iOS devices and at xfinityTV.com. You can also watch the most popular HBO programs On Demand and via xbox"

I replied:

"That's a shame. As I stated earlier, I'm aware of the devices that Comcast currently allows for veiwing HBO GO; none of those choices affords the pleasure of viewing that content with a decent resolution on my TV screen. Unfortunately, the On Demand option offers too few HBO selections and is too seldom updated with new selections to be that useful."

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have a Samsung smart TV that now offers the HBOGO app. When I follow the instructions to activate the app to the television provider at www.hbogo/activate, I see that Xfinity/Comcast is not listed. I have HBOGO app on my Iphone and Ipad where Xfinity/Comcast is listed as a provider, Why isn't this app available from Xfinity for smart TVs? Something to consider when your major competitors Verizon and DirectTV show up as providers.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Comcast please add HBOGO into ROKU........PELASE

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

The HBO APP was just added to my list of apps on my samsung smart tv.  It says to go to hbogo.com/activate, which I did.  But when I got to the site, it said that my web browser isn't supported.  Any ideas out there?

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

12 years ago

Comcast (at least to this point) is not allowing people to use HBO Go on Samsung tv's or Roku devices...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here