sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

I was making some changes to my TV service with Comcast and yet again thought I would be stupid and asked about HBO Go and Roku. I was actually told they are working on getting Comcast users access to HBO Go on our Roku boxes. I ain't holding my breath because I would have passed out ages ago. Comcast must think we are all pretty stupid if they think we'll believe they are working on getting us access. I so wish I could get rid of Comcast, but I have to have it as part of my apartment lease.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Steven sorry to say, you did miss read that post. He was talking about seeing the Roku/HBOGO app running on someones system with out Comcast. 

Starting this summer Best Buy will be bundling the Roku on a Stick device with thier Insigna TVs, this alone will probally double the number of Roku's out there and of course the number of people that will be ticked that they can not watch thier HBOGO on it.

Please if anyone at comcast tells you they are working on getting us access, remind them the only thing it takes if for them to tell HBOGO to say yes to the Roku browser. Done, there is no working on there part!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Just throwing in my $.02 here - Come on, Comcast! If you want us to truly be able to use our services ANYWHERE, add Roku support both for HBO GO and Xfinity TV! If the Xfinity service is all about choice, let us choose how we access it.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Let me clearify HBOGO/ROKU is only a choice for them to activate the programming has already been done by Roku. XfinityTV would cause someone to program a channel to work with their XfinityTV site much like the phone apps do, this would be awesome but either Comcast would have to program it, or maybe Roku would to creat more uses for their box, a third party programmer could put one together I am sure. The question still remains the same would Comcast allow it or just sue who ever developed it. 

I know they want to rent me a DVR, but I do not have one nor do I want one, A Roku consumes 2watts of power while even at idle a DVR usually consumes 20-60 watts.

Comcast you have 23 million subscribers do you really thing that percentabe of the 2 million Roku owners that have your service will really make a dent in yor DVR/Reciever rentals. Happy customers are much better marketing then irate ones.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

Most of the current HBO programming is available "on demand", which doesn't require use of a DVR at all.  What Comcast is denying us Roku owners is the ability to view a more extensive list of movies  and all episodes of almost every HBO series (except, I note, John from Cincinnati), which is not available on demand and would be tough to find currently on HBO so you can't even DVR this programming.  As I have said on this forum many times, it is absolutely stupid for Comcast to allow you to view programming on an iPad, iTouch or Android device and not on Roku.  Comcast gets the same fee either way from HBO, so what is the problem here?

By denying us access to HBO Go, Comcast is slitting its own throat since at some point HBO Go will probably be available as a stand-alone system to "streaming only" customers in addition to cable subscribers so Comcast will lose any portion of the fee we are presently paying for HBO Go.  I also don't know why HBO isn't pressing Comcast to allow access to HBO Go on Rokus since my cable bill is getting close to $200/mo., and I may drop HBO completely if I can't get the extra programming they offer on HBO Go.  I have already dropped Starz.  I could see paying a dollar extra for Starz if their programming remained on Netflix but their content is mostly garbage, and I can't justify paying $15 to $20/mo. to watch one or two movies that I could rent for $1.25 each at Redbox.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

Well Said

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Hello Comast, I WANT HBO GO ON MY ROKU!!!!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

@sandyandy wrote:

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

Hello Comast, I WANT HBO GO ON MY ROKU!!!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

When will Xfinity be supporting Roku? I'm really disappointed that I can not access HBO.GO with my Roku! I would consider switching to Verizon but we are held captives by Comcast in my area because Verizon is not yet available.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

When you try to activate the device it says xfinity does not allow for HBO GO on Roku.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

@ChasyChase

It's not your fault.  One would assume that since Comcast is listed as supporting HBO Go, they wouldn't block 1 avenue of access when they allow every other one.

IMO, this is false advertising on Comcast's part as they advertise that you can access HBO Go with your comcast account.  They do not disclaim the Roku.   

I very well may switch providers soon.  I despise Comcast.  They are not concerened with what their customers want.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I subscribe to HBO but cannot activate HBO GO, following directions ....

what's up?

Thanks in advance, hal 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Comcast does not currently allow subscribers to sign up for HBO GO for Roku. People need to make some noise about it.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

there's no excuse for that!!

thanks, hal

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

12 years ago

It's not supported:

http://support.roku.com/entries/20585347-does-my-television-provider-offer-hbo-go-on-roku-devices

Comcast doesn't want it available on the Roku boxes (there's another very long thread on it)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here