Marantz's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

No Browser Access to DVR Recordings, Schedule or Favorites

Saved DVR recordings appear on my TV and on the android app, but not on any of my computers, with any browser, at any location. I can stream live TV programs and On Demand programs but not DVR recordings. I have been able to view and play the recordings on my computer for years until the last two weeks.  I have logged in and out, manually synched DVR, deleted browser cache, refreshed and restarted my X1 cable box, but the browser still doesn't show my saved DVR recordings, schedule or favorites.

My saved X1 DVR recordings are not showing on my computer on the Xfinity site at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings 

You have no completed recordings yet.

Tip: Visit Saved > Scheduled to see your recording schedule.

It doesn’t show the scheduled recordings at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/scheduled either. 

Your schedule is empty.

Nothing is scheduled for the next 14 days.

It doesn’t show saved favorites at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/favorites either.

No Favorites...yet

Getting started is easy. Just select "Add to Favorites" on the Info screen for any TV show, movie, or team.

I’ve talked to Comcast telephone support four times. Each call ended with a promise to call back the next day or within 48 hours, but they never call back and the problem persists. I record several shows each week and have over 50 recordings on the DVR recorded over the last few months up to the present.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marantz wrote:

Saved DVR recordings appear on my TV and on the android app, but not on any of my computers, with any browser, at any location. I can stream live TV programs and On Demand programs but not DVR recordings. I have been able to view and play the recordings on my computer for years until the last two weeks.  I have logged in and out, manually synched DVR, deleted browser cache, refreshed and restarted my X1 cable box, but the browser still doesn't show my saved DVR recordings, schedule or favorites.

My saved X1 DVR recordings are not showing on my computer on the Xfinity site at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings 

You have no completed recordings yet.

Tip: Visit Saved > Scheduled to see your recording schedule.

It doesn’t show the scheduled recordings at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/scheduled either. 

Your schedule is empty.

Nothing is scheduled for the next 14 days.

It doesn’t show saved favorites at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/favorites either.

No Favorites...yet

Getting started is easy. Just select "Add to Favorites" on the Info screen for any TV show, movie, or team.

I’ve talked to Comcast telephone support four times. Each call ended with a promise to call back the next day or within 48 hours, but they never call back and the problem persists. I record several shows each week and have over 50 recordings on the DVR recorded over the last few months up to the present.

log out of the android app and sign back in noting which username and password you are using. does the app work after signing in and you can see the recordings? On the streaming website, use the chrome browser. if already logged in, sign out. right-click on the lock icon in the URL bar and select cookies and remove the xfinity cookies one at a time.  again close the browser window. restart chrome and go to the stream website. sign in and be sure to accept terms and conditions. do the recordings then show up?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marantz wrote:

I made sure that the android app was working. It worked fine until I signed out and back in again. Now the android app gets the same messages as the web app, ie: messages indicating no recordings, schedules, or favorites. 

ok then it is an issue with the username being attached to your current account/address. you can wait for up to 72 hours for an official employee to answer your original post or call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to fix your current login username to point only to your current address/account.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I made sure that the android app was working. It worked fine until I signed out and back in again. Now the android app gets the same messages as the web app, ie: messages indicating no recordings, schedules, or favorites. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marantz wrote:

I called 800-Comcast and selected billing to ask the agent to fix my current login username to point only to my current address/account as you suggested. She couldn't do anything like that, but she connected me with an agent who could check it. That doesn't seem to be the source of my problem. My ID is connected to just one account and address - mine.

normally they can fix it quite quickly if the username is tied to multiple accounts. were you able to reach a live tech to assist getting the issue corrected?

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I called 800-Comcast and selected billing to ask the agent to fix my current login username to point only to my current address/account as you suggested. She couldn't do anything like that, but she connected me with an agent who could check it. That doesn't seem to be the source of my problem. My ID is connected to just one account and address - mine.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I talked to two live techs and was assured by both that my username is tied to just one account - mine. Maybe I shouldn't have talked to anyone at Comcast. My living room DVR now has lost all recordings, scheduled recordings, and favorites! Only my tablet's android stream app still acts normal. I lost everything from my phone's stream app earlier today when I logged out and back in. Things have gone from bad to worse. I'm hoping that 3rd level support is working on something in the background and that the TV will return to normal when they finish. 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

It's two hours later and the cable box still shows no recordings or scheduled recordings even after I did a refresh, restart, and manual synch. My Roku device, on the other hand, has an Xfinity app/channel which DOES have up-to-date recordings and schedules, right down to being able to resume where I left off watching something yesterday. This is weird, frustrating, infuriating, and darned inconvenient. I'm still open to suggestions.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marantz wrote:

I talked to two live techs and was assured by both that my username is tied to just one account - mine. Maybe I shouldn't have talked to anyone at Comcast. My living room DVR now has lost all recordings, scheduled recordings, and favorites! Only my tablet's android stream app still acts normal. I lost everything from my phone's stream app earlier today when I logged out and back in. Things have gone from bad to worse. I'm hoping that 3rd level support is working on something in the background and that the TV will return to normal when they finish. 

the words we see in employee fixes generally say they have to update the back office databases then the devices all show same files. the local DVR is unlikely to lose anything but is probably in process of being 'refreshed' by the Comcast employee.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marantz wrote:

It's two hours later and the cable box still shows no recordings or scheduled recordings even after I did a refresh, restart, and manual synch. My Roku device, on the other hand, has an Xfinity app/channel which DOES have up-to-date recordings and schedules, right down to being able to resume where I left off watching something yesterday. This is weird, frustrating, infuriating, and darned inconvenient. I'm still open to suggestions.

while the databases are being updated on the DVR, use the voice command "Device Settings" and scroll to bottom for "sync DVR" (loads schedule). when that finishes press the "A" button on remote and do the system refresh menu option.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

I just got a call from a Comcast technician. What did he tell me? He told me that they have to update the back office databases because multiple IDs have become associated with my account (or multiple accounts became associated with my ID) - just like you said, and just like two previous agents told me wasn't the case. Sheesh! He said that someone would phone me again once they have completed their fix.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 years ago

Hallelujah! Comcast seems to have updated the back office database that was causing all of my stream apps to fail. A random check proves to me that all of my devices are working properly again - TV, android app, web browser - everything. And I didn't lose any recordings either. Thank you Rustyben for your interest and assistance. It's just too bad that Comcast first level support was unable to solve the problem even when given the solution. Third level support figured it out for themselves, so good on them.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I started having this same problem yesterday and I am still having problem with Chrome. However, I just tried Firefox and that works. I need to work on Chrome so I can Chromecast it but at least its a start. I spent 2 hours with support last night and still not resolved.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here