rvanderson's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2019 4:00 PM

Closed

Lots of TV channels are suddenly missing using Stream!

Weeks ago all of the major networks and my premium movie channels disappeared from Stream's TV listing.  I called customer service, nothing.  They have no idea what happens on the Stream app.  I have not changed my Xfinity subscriptions - but now I have far less access to standard cable TV stations.  No CBS, NBC, ABC... No HBO, etc.  I can watch them all on my TV set, and used to be able to on Stream, but not any more.  I have not seen anything from Xfinity about changes or how to get back my missing channels.  If you lost your broadcast rights you better tell your customers!  Fix your Stream service!  Reset my TV entitlements!  Do SOMETHING!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@rvanderson wrote:

Weeks ago all of the major networks and my premium movie channels disappeared from Stream's TV listing.  I called customer service, nothing.  They have no idea what happens on the Stream app.  I have not changed my Xfinity subscriptions - but now I have far less access to standard cable TV stations.  No CBS, NBC, ABC... No HBO, etc.  I can watch them all on my TV set, and used to be able to on Stream, but not any more.  I have not seen anything from Xfinity about changes or how to get back my missing channels.  If you lost your broadcast rights you better tell your customers!  Fix your Stream service!  Reset my TV entitlements!  Do SOMETHING!

you posted on the streaming website area of the forum but speak of stream apps. what device are you using that experienced the problem? if a web stream did you try on a smart phone/tablet to see if the stream worked properly with the different device? if using a PC did you try using an up-to-date chrome browser?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here. After hours of trying to solve the issue I give up. I think it has something to do with a promotion comcast is running till Oct 13th screwing up the web portal.  I am a comcast customer, I pay for TV and internet.  When I try to watch live TV online , the channel lineup is limitied to 3 channels only. I am running fully uprgarded chrome and right OS and everything. Frustrating, but I would say typical for this company. All I can do is wait and hope they fix it. Calling customer service is an excercise in futility.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@miningthestars wrote:

Same here. After hours of trying to solve the issue I give up. I think it has something to do with a promotion comcast is running till Oct 13th screwing up the web portal.  I am a comcast customer, I pay for TV and internet.  When I try to watch live TV online , the channel lineup is limitied to 3 channels only. I am running fully uprgarded chrome and right OS and everything. Frustrating, but I would say typical for this company. All I can do is wait and hope they fix it. Calling customer service is an excercise in futility.

did you just move (new address), or change out your gateway/modem? are your installed set top boxes working in the home?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Did all that. Same on Pc and Mac, tried Safari, chrome, Firefox. Don’t have (will never use) IE. I was referring to Stream website - tried the iOS app from iTunes and it’s worse...I only get QVC via “app.” The Comcast techs don’t even know what the major network channels are. Guy didn’t know what “CBS” meant. Went up a level to Atlanta... crickets.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Both, but phone app is worse, only QVC is available via most recent app. Useless.
Everything thru TV box is fine. Anything that’s “internet” is missing the majority of channels. Did all the resets and updates and cable checks and cache clears and stand on head and consult of chicken bones. Everything was fine - all channels on all devices and services - before August. Been in same house for 15 years, same cable subscription.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@rvanderson wrote:
Both, but phone app is worse, only QVC is available via most recent app. Useless.
Everything thru TV box is fine. Anything that’s “internet” is missing the majority of channels. Did all the resets and updates and cable checks and cache clears and stand on head and consult of chicken bones. Everything was fine - all channels on all devices and services - before August. Been in same house for 15 years, same cable subscription.

using a desk/laptop sign in to your xfinity.com account (not streaming). select users. add a new unrestricted user and use that new username to sign in to app/website. got all your channels now?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Ok, thx, I tried that. And.... Nope. Still missing basically everything I’m paying for.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Actually, it is working for me now.  I opened chat just now for help and she was able to give me a temporary solution until the problem is fixed on their end.  She said to access my stream app using a private browser as this does not limit the settings or information of a website or page.  Once I did that, it worked.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'm kind of experiencing the same thing, but instead of taking me to my Xfinity streaming where I can watch live shows, or other shows, it is redirecting me to my saved purchases.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem here.   Until three days ago, I got all the channels I pay for streaming on my desktop computer and on my Samsung Smart TV.  Then all the sudden, the local affiliates for NBC, CBS, and FOX are no longer available.   Everything else works fine.   I have talked to an Xfinity represenative on the phone and also stopped by the Xfinity store and talked to a representative in person.  No one had any idea what the problem is.   All channels come in fine on the TV hooked up to the cable box.  I think Comcast is up to something, but I have no idea why.   Also, the wierd thing is that I can still stream these channels on my Android devices that use the xfinity app. 

Anyone have any more ideas?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jodswe wrote:

Same problem here.   Until three days ago, I got all the channels I pay for streaming on my desktop computer and on my Samsung Smart TV.  Then all the sudden, the local affiliates for NBC, CBS, and FOX are no longer available.   Everything else works fine.   I have talked to an Xfinity represenative on the phone and also stopped by the Xfinity store and talked to a representative in person.  No one had any idea what the problem is.   All channels come in fine on the TV hooked up to the cable box.  I think Comcast is up to something, but I have no idea why.   Also, the wierd thing is that I can still stream these channels on my Android devices that use the xfinity app. 

Anyone have any more ideas?

since it works on android but not the computer that is an issue in a database. call 800-Comcast, select tech support for cable TV. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to reprovision your streaming device entitlements. if someone talks about sending a hit to your home equipment they do not understand. this is for app/streaming website. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This sounds like a great solution. Has it worked for anybody? I'm having the same problem but was on hold for hours and hours. Finally I stumbled upon this advice and read it off to the third person I talked to, but he was, apparently, in the wrong department for that. I asked to speak to a supervisor but that hold lasted a long time until I finally gave up. So what? There's no fix? Does everyone this happens to just end up cancelling service,  buying a new TV, or renting the box? My TV's fairly new, but it's not on the list of "supported" models.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I had the same thing happen. Everything was working fine on Memorial Day, the next morning only a handful of channels. Five nights on the phone with Xfinity and no solutiuon. Almost all my channels say unavailable for streaming at this time.  This is occuring on four ROKU devices, an iphone, an android phone, and my laptop. Xfinity told me to wait approximately 7 days before calling back because Engineering is working on the problem. The previous open work ticket has been marked as closed. Such a run around. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here