broward_florida's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, January 15th, 2021 9:00 PM

Closed

Getting "connect to in-home wifi to watch on my home network" at home network with new Arris S33

Hello

Registered new, own, modem today successfully by swapping out my Arris SB6141 for Arris S33. Xfinity automatically activated when I logged in with userid password and added the correct serial number and it shows on my account profile / devices.

Watched CBS Evening news a few hours later and also ABC News for a few minutes via online stream on tablet and laptop (don't own a TV and have only basic channels and Internet). Everything was working normal and fine.

Now some 4 hours later the only channel I can watch is NBC via Stream on laptop or tablet, all the other channels say "connect to in-home wifi to watch on my home network". I am at home  using home xfinity internet and I am logged in to the app in both Windows and Android.

Logged in to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices and I see the Arris S33 and correct serial number and Internet is working just fine, only TV thinks I am not on my home network ??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@broward_florida wrote:

Hello

Registered new, own, modem today successfully by swapping out my Arris SB6141 for Arris S33. Xfinity automatically activated when I logged in with userid password and added the correct serial number and it shows on my account profile / devices.

Watched CBS Evening news a few hours later and also ABC News for a few minutes via online stream on tablet and laptop (don't own a TV and have only basic channels and Internet). Everything was working normal and fine.

Now some 4 hours later the only channel I can watch is NBC via Stream on laptop or tablet, all the other channels say "connect to in-home wifi to watch on my home network". I am at home  using home xfinity internet and I am logged in to the app in both Windows and Android.

Logged in to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices and I see the Arris S33 and correct serial number and Internet is working just fine, only TV thinks I am not on my home network ??

has this issue automatically resolved (back office provisioning in process)?

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

No, the issue has not resolved.

Modem booted several times by anxious comcast phone reps. No effect.

Internet continues to be fine and NBC channel works fine on any device.

On xfinity.com / .. / devices the Arris S33 is shown with the correct MAC address

The Xfinity Android App (not Stream app) shows Blue Checkmark (Ok) immediately and displays ARRIS GROUP, INC. S33 ONLINE (precise text on tablet screen).

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

does the android device using the xfinity stream TV app work?

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, of course the Android Stream app works on all phones and all tablets.

Yesterday, before swapping out the Arris Sb6141 and immediately after activating the Arris S33 - all TV channels (within package) worked fine on all Android devices.

Some hours later (and still as of today), it still works but is limited to NBC (our local channel 6) only. All other channels are greyed out with the prompt above them to connect to home wifi.

Xfinity has an escalated ticket and multiple levels of techs have looked at it online, more reboots have occurred (stopping the Live Chat dead...) and the last escalated tech (level 1 starts online chat, transfers to next level etc.. etc...) claims someone must now come and visit as they think it is not the modem as all services should be working.

The laptop browser logon mode works so I guess we will have to ditch all Android Stream app devices as Xfinity has no answers. Have done yet more removal, reboot, reinstall, reauthenticate with userid/psw on Android and only NBC single channel is allowed but Windows devices allow everything via any browser logon

As a test, using Firefox on Andoid tablet allows initially to load the URL https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings and when I click on my local channel 4 (CBS) it is NOT greyed out (just like it works now on a windows laptop) -- but what happens next is that when WATCH is clicked it FORCES control to the Stream App and the app thinks I am not at home "Please Connect to Your In-Home WiFi. Due to licensing agreements some content can only be viewed on your in-home WiFi."

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@broward_florida wrote:

Yes, of course the Android Stream app works on all phones and all tablets.

Yesterday, before swapping out the Arris Sb6141 and immediately after activating the Arris S33 - all TV channels (within package) worked fine on all Android devices.

Some hours later (and still as of today), it still works but is limited to NBC (our local channel 6) only. All other channels are greyed out with the prompt above them to connect to home wifi.

Xfinity has an escalated ticket and multiple levels of techs have looked at it online, more reboots have occurred (stopping the Live Chat dead...) and the last escalated tech (level 1 starts online chat, transfers to next level etc.. etc...) claims someone must now come and visit as they think it is not the modem as all services should be working.

The laptop browser logon mode works so I guess we will have to ditch all Android Stream app devices as Xfinity has no answers. Have done yet more removal, reboot, reinstall, reauthenticate with userid/psw on Android and only NBC single channel is allowed but Windows devices allow everything via any browser logon

As a test, using Firefox on Andoid tablet allows initially to load the URL https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings and when I click on my local channel 4 (CBS) it is NOT greyed out (just like it works now on a windows laptop) -- but what happens next is that when WATCH is clicked it FORCES control to the Stream App and the app thinks I am not at home "Please Connect to Your In-Home WiFi. Due to licensing agreements some content can only be viewed on your in-home WiFi."

have a vpn active on the PC?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Hi ,

I am experiencing the same issue. Did you ever find a resolution?

Thank you in advance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here