Simon1965's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 22nd, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Firestick Streaming

I recently bought a firestick and connected it to a TV in my house which is not connected to our Comcast cable. Now I know you and amazon do not have any agreements, but is it legal to use and install the xfinity ap on my firestick and stream to my tv?

I know this question has probably been asked in the past, but things do change.

Thank you,

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

It's legal, but the Firestick is not listed with the other Amazon devices approved for use with the Stream App on https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

adding... if you mean 'hacking' to emulate a different device to use an authorized service on a device (firestick) against the Digital Millennium rights act, no it is not legal.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I absolutely don't want to do anything illegal, but it's bizarre that I can stream my legal and paid for Xfinity on my phone, my kindle tablet, my computer and watch it on the TV that is connected to my cable but cannot watch it through the Firestick connected to my uncabled TV.

That doesn't make sense.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My bedroom tv went out so im using a older tv i have connected my firestick and loaded my xfinity account info now its asking me for a code. Autheriser code. What is it and were do I find it. Thank you

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Yublonde75 wrote:
My bedroom tv went out so im using a older tv i have connected my firestick and loaded my xfinity account info now its asking me for a code. Autheriser code. What is it and were do I find it. Thank you

what app are you trying to run on the firestick?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Simon1965 wrote:

I absolutely don't want to do anything illegal, but it's bizarre that I can stream my legal and paid for Xfinity on my phone, my kindle tablet, my computer and watch it on the TV that is connected to my cable but cannot watch it through the Firestick connected to my uncabled TV.

That doesn't make sense.

the current roku (not cube) devices work and are very inexpensive (free access during the public beta).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here