stuman74's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 25th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Does Xfinity Stream on Roku and TCL TV count against my 1 TB monthly data usage?

I just got a letter that the On Demand on my TiVo will be going away as of June 25th.  This is a bummer. Hopefully they will have a better app come back to TiVo boxes. So much more convenient not to have to flip over to a different device for the Xfinity VOD.

However, I do have 2 Roku sticks that I haven't used much lately as well as a TCL 55" with Roku built in. Sounds like I may be able to use that (what used to be buggy) Xfinity Stream Beta app for VOD.  I have not seen a definitive answer on the data usage for this Roku app though:  Will it count against my 1 TB monthly data cap? If not, I'd be willing to try that as an alternative to the going-away TiVo app.  Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

From
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs

Does streaming using the Xfinity Stream app on a Partner Device count against my Internet data usage?
No. The goal of using the app on your Partner Device is to give you more options outside of our rented TV Boxes to access your full TV service within your home. The service delivered through the Xfinity Stream app is not an Internet service, so our data usage plans don't apply.

However, video services that are delivered over the Internet, like TV Everywhere content accessed via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal or content from NBC.com or the NBC and NBC Sports apps, are treated exactly the same way as any other Internet-delivered services like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon, and are subject to any data usage plans that might apply.

You didn’t state but you also need Xfinity internet service as well

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

Thank goodness. I fell asleep a few times and the APP was on for hours.

I wonder if thee is a shut down "Sleep mode".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here