Midnight_Jinx's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Friday, August 16th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

Adobe Flash Player

Adobe announced that in 2020 they will no longer support Adobe Flash Player Google Chrome will no longer allow Adobe Flash Player in their browser and therefore be disabled more of my TV I watch in via Xfinity website question is what will Xfinity be using if Adobe Flash Player will no longer work.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

"No clue.  But don't worry; Comcast is not going to cancel their streaming service just because Flash is going away;"

"Don't worry" is not an answer.  Yes we are not alone.  In fact there are many of us who have been asking XFINITY this question since Adobe made this announcement quite some time ago.  We haven't really received any answer yet from XFINITY, which is why many of us keep asking the question, looking for a REAL answer.

To reiterate the question:  What is Comcast's plan to address end of Flash in December 2020?  Specifically.  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@_G_G_G_ wrote:

"No clue.  But don't worry; Comcast is not going to cancel their streaming service just because Flash is going away;"

"Don't worry" is not an answer.  Yes we are not alone.  In fact there are many of us who have been asking XFINITY this question since Adobe made this announcement quite some time ago.  We haven't really received any answer yet from XFINITY, which is why many of us keep asking the question, looking for a REAL answer.

To reiterate the question:  What is Comcast's plan to address end of Flash in December 2020?  Specifically.  

if not resolved by last week of december of 2020, reply again. else wait patiently. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

When Adobe stops providing Flashplayer what will Comcast do to overcome the fact that they cannot rely on flash to provde streaming?  I have seen a number of so-called "Comcast Experts" try to respond to this question,but never a response from the engineers at Comcast.  Why???

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jwarh1 wrote:

When Adobe stops providing Flashplayer what will Comcast do to overcome the fact that they cannot rely on flash to provde streaming?  I have seen a number of so-called "Comcast Experts" try to respond to this question,but never a response from the engineers at Comcast.  Why???

xfinity only uses flash to verify that the stream is HDCP protected not for the stream itself. by the end of  December 2020 we will all see what the new solution approved by the providers of the video programming to Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

thanks for the great response, but you didn't really answer my question, which is : why doesn't comcast make an official statement to its subscribers instead of leaving it to experts who are not employees of comcast?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jwarh1 wrote:

thanks for the great response, but you didn't really answer my question, which is : why doesn't comcast make an official statement to its subscribers instead of leaving it to experts who are not employees of comcast?

based on experience nothing will be announced. The change just 'happens' and works. it is a very long time until end of december 2020.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here