gillisc's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, March 20th, 2020 1:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app crashes at launch

When I launch the Xfinity Stream app, I have a button "get started". Click the button and a dialog box comes up: "Something Went Wrong. We're sorry, something unexpected just happened. Please try again. OK" this is Xfinity stream version 5.13.1, running on an iPad 5th generation with iOS 13.3.1. I've closed the app several times and restarted it, turned off the iPad several times and restarted, even uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app several times. It is still unusable, making this service that I pay for from Xfinity, completely unavailable.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@gillisc wrote:

All the steps of the attempted fix worked just fine. However, the app itself still does not work: When I launch the Xfinity Stream app, I have a button "get started". Click the button and a dialog box comes up: "Something Went Wrong. We're sorry, something unexpected just happened. Please try again. OK"

is the ipad in the same home (no VPN) as your own Xfinity internet service? is the modem/gateway's HFC MAC address identical to the 'serial number' shown in the xfinity My Account app, internet tab? have you tried 'forget' the wifi SSID on the ipad, rebooting the ipad (not just lock/unlock) and selecting the wifi SSID while at home?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

2 Weeks and not a word from Comcast?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@gillisc wrote:

When I launch the Xfinity Stream app, I have a button "get started". Click the button and a dialog box comes up: "Something Went Wrong. We're sorry, something unexpected just happened. Please try again. OK" this is Xfinity stream version 5.13.1, running on an iPad 5th generation with iOS 13.3.1. I've closed the app several times and restarted it, turned off the iPad several times and restarted, even uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app several times. It is still unusable, making this service that I pay for from Xfinity, completely unavailable.

Xfinity is pretty much closed down due to the quarantine. long press the Xfinity app where ever it appears with your other apps and select delete. turn off the ipad (long press of on/off button until slide power off appears. shut down the iPad for 2-3 minutes. restart ipad with same long press on the power on/off button. Enter pin. go to the app store and reinstall the Xfinity stream app. select sign in and be very sure to accept the terms and conditions. working now?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Nope

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@gillisc wrote:
Nope

as you followed each step which one didn't work first?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

All the steps of the attempted fix worked just fine. However, the app itself still does not work: When I launch the Xfinity Stream app, I have a button "get started". Click the button and a dialog box comes up: "Something Went Wrong. We're sorry, something unexpected just happened. Please try again. OK"

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you very much, turning off VPN worked.

Now I suppose it's time for me to complain to nobody in particular at Comcast listening about how it is that I have to open up my computer to security threats just to use their streaming app, and how the streaming app is too stupid to tell me what the actual issue is that's preventing it from launching.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just had the same problem.  I turned the VPN on to log in, then turned it back on and the Stream app opened without a problem on later uses.

Tom L

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

sorry, I turned the VPN OFF, then back on.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can anyone help me with how to turn the VPN off and back on?  I am really uneducated on this subject, don't even really know what a VPN is  -I do know what it stands for, just not sure what else that means :)  I spent over an hour with Xfinity on the phone and no one could help me, then they sent a rep out here and he didn't know how to do it.  They were as uneducated as I am!  Thanks for any help if you still see this a year later...as it is still an issue.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Actually I found it on my iphone, but it says not connected so I guess that won't fix my problem if it was already off?  Any other ideas for this "Something went wrong" when trying to reinstall the Steam App?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@user_1df4cd

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue (copy your post and paste it there). Thanks. Re-closing this year old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here