Jarekeja's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 25th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta app on LG OLED stopped working

I have been using the Xfinity Stream Beta on two LG OLED smart TV's,  for several months. it stopped working yesterday. I've tried several fixes, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, checked the network, unplugged the TV.  Now when I try to a open the app the screen goes black and it says "Loading". 

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

We have rolled back the change that we believe is responsible for this issue.

Please relaunch the application on your LG TV. If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Thanks you and have a great day.

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

We have rolled back the change that we believe is responsible for this issue.

Please relaunch the application on your LG TV. If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Thanks you and have a great day.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This does not work!  It appears multiple subscribers are having the same issue. This needs to be resolved or there will be lots of cancellations, requests for refunds and negative reviews. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

After receiving an email from Xfinity saying they found the problem, i opened the Xfinity Stream Beta app, re-initialized and it started working again. Thanks

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

The same thing happened to me last several days ago!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@chyrisseluck117 wrote:

This does not work!  It appears multiple subscribers are having the same issue. This needs to be resolved or there will be lots of cancellations, requests for refunds and negative reviews. 

did you read to last post (the one under yours?) that says the roll back did reenable use of the app?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I was pleased to find that I got home from work today and it is now working. Thank you Comcast. 👍

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Loading...Loading...Loading...That’s as far as I’ve gotten all weekend on my LG TV. I have reset  the modem, reset the app, reset the TV. All I get is the "Welcome to Xfinity System" window, over, and over, and over again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Working now after update was backed off. Thanks Comcast, please consider a proactive approach to software change notification, post end user impact changes in a web accessable format , Thanks.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much. It is working again.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

THANK YOU!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

MY APP IS WORKING!!! THANK YOU!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It works now ?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a 2020 model 75” LG with the “UN” reference (75UN7070PUC). Once loaded it tells me I have to make a purchase yet I stream no problem on my IPhone. Are my issues due to 2020 models not being included in software upgrades?

And yes...customer service put me in a loop of call, call back, hold, then disconnect. Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The fix you put in place clearly does NOT work unfortunately!  Comcast, you never communicated what the fix actually was that you tried.  It seems you have fixed it for some users possibly because you did something to maybe reset their accounts, but the underlying issue is still there!  It was working for me for a while and it just stopped working.  I am now getting the infamous "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity network" and I'm on my in-home network.  C'mon Comcast, how long will it be before this issue is resolved that so many users have clearly complained about?

I will provide a few more details on what I have and what I've tried and this includes everything every forum response has on this issue.  I have wasted my entire day on this so far.  I have an LG TV with WebOS.  The app was again working fine.  There were a few changes on my account that are of interest.  For one, I got rid of my Xfinity internet and phone and only kept my Xfinity TV because after 5 months of working with Xfinity on the internet issue I had, they could not fix it.  When I finally gave up and went to another internet provider, my internet issue was fixed literally the first day that I received my new service.  This issue is not because of my new internet service because the stream app currently works fine on all of my iOS devices on this same network that my LG TV is on.  I also changed my username since I had transferred my account from my mom who passed away to myself (same address and everything).

I have tried not only deleting the app, unplugging the TV, re-installing, etc. roughly ten different times, I also even did a complete factory reset several times on my LG TV (which frankly wastes more of my time since I have to set everything else back up now).  Even a LG TV factory reset did not resolve the issue.  The app still does not ask for me to sign a new Terms of Agreement.  I also as suggested went in and created a whole new Xfinity user that is linked on my account since it was mentioned that was one "workaround" until the app is fixed.  That workaround did not work either.  I paired my TV with the new code using the new username and password when it asked me to verify on my browser and that did not work.

There is nothing else I can think of to try and this is beyond frustrating.  I also noticed that every time I try to download the Xfinity Stream Beta app on my LG TV, it still says it was last updated on 4/20/2020.  So how would this issue be fixed in the app if for over 8 months now there has not been one single update to the app is my wonder?

I have got rid of my Comcast internet and TV because of lack of support and functionality simply not working.  I am now on the verge of getting rid of my Comcast TV service as well for this same fundamental reason unless this issue is resolved.  It is pointless to call customer service since none of them even remotely have the skillset to resolve literally any issue I have asked of them to resolve for me.  Typically I'm in a worse situation after I call them than if I didn't call them at all.

Please Comcast, help us resolve this issue permanently.  Sorry for the frustration, but we just want your service to work.  Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here