Jarekeja's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 25th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta app on LG OLED stopped working

I have been using the Xfinity Stream Beta on two LG OLED smart TV's,  for several months. it stopped working yesterday. I've tried several fixes, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, checked the network, unplugged the TV.  Now when I try to a open the app the screen goes black and it says "Loading". 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

NO. Unplugging the equipment does not fix the problem.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. The app just suddenly stopped working two days ago. When I launch it on my LG TV, it says "loading" and gets stuck. Looks like I'm not alone here. 

Xfinity - do you even READ these messages???  Clearly there's something seriously wrong with this app, and it's affecting all users wit LG smart TVs.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Mine went out earlier this week, xfinity said they will create a ticket and call me when the find out it’s not working.....or in basic terms go pound sand. Xfinity already dumped the app for the new Samsung TVs so LG getting bumped was probably just next on their list. No monthly box rental for people using app.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Ya they told me it was my TV as well and that I should call the manufacturer. Lol why am I not having problems with other apps then?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Mine also stopped working. Still no fix.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same my whole system built around not having a box of jotngonna be resolved sianora comcast cable

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same thing with us - tried reinstalling app no dice.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I reset my LG TV to factory settings and reistalled the Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and Xfinity Stream apps. All but the Xfinity app work perfectly. The Xfinity app still hangs with "Loading" on the screen.

Interesting but the LG Content Store has updated the Netflix, Prime and Disney+ apps within the last week while the date for the Xfinity app is 4/20/2020.

Looks like Xfinity needs to update something with the app and/or LG need to get a recent update of the app.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Tried resetting modem, uninstalling and reinstalling app

it is not the tv. It is the app

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Bought LG so we can use the Xfinity beta app, worked for over a year and now we only get "loading"

does anyone know if this is going to get repaired or should we just finally throw in the towel with Comcast once and for all?!?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It’s good to know it’s not just me but the exact same thing has been happening. I wanted to watch football today so I’m NOT happy. There better be a fix soon!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Please update the Xfinity Stream Beta App for the LG TVs. It was working fine. Now, it says "loading" and never load. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, and also the internet is working fine. Restarted the TV.. everything! All the other apps are working just fine. Please FIX! 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having this same issue.  The app works fine on my Roku TV's, but no longer gets past "loading" on my LG, which happens to be the TV I use the most.    Please fix this Comcast!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had the same problem.  When is Xfinity going to do something about this?

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@Dn10 
@RajF 
@Irishjimmyward 
@crowag2010 
@Vness 
@Ineedhelp1023 
@Adamkboss 
@kbentley0712 
@Adrianne321 
@ACcecere 

We have rolled back the change that we believe is responsible for this issue.

Please relaunch the application on your LG TV. If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the app.

Thanks you and have a great day.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here