Brittnee_da06255's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 22nd, 2021 8:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta App Problems

For the past week I have not been able to use the Xfinity Stream App. I have Un-installed, and reinstalled it. And it presents with a black screen on it and a single white horizontal line across my smart TV screen. I have a newer Samsung Smart TV and this app doesn't work. I have restarted my modem and tested my connection thinking it was the internet, but that didn't seem to help either. Customer service is so hard to get ahold of regarding this app as well.

Official Solution

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing for the last couple of weeks...  

Symptoms:  After switching to another Samsung TV app and returning back to the Xfinity Streaming App, a blank black scrreen and white/gray line at the top.  Temp fixes found:

• Unplug TV for about 10 minutes
  • Uninstall/Reinstall the app, but this requires you to re-authorize via the Xfinity.com/authorize
  • Within the Samsung Apps settings, choose reinstall for Xfinity - This works to restore functionality, but if you exit or change to another app and come back, you will have to repeat

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem.  Xfinity Beta Whie line across top.  Samsung TV.  Been using Beta for couple years.  It's a terrible app, but I can usually get it to "finally" behave.  This stupid white. line at top behavior is brand new as of couple days ago!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi there, had the same issue yesterday and had a tech out today. Tech found a few weak signals, BUT my husband unplugged the TV for about 20 min and then the app came back online. Try unplugging the TV for 20-30 minutes. Hope this helps!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have same problem, just got this samsung 8 series tu850D for Christmas, it worked from mid Dec to yesterday Jan 23 2021.  Called Samsung support, they deleted & reinstalled xfinitystreaming app.  Worked one time until I closed & tried to reopen it.  Spent over an hour with comcast tech support but they tried to tell me my tv wasn't supported by the app.  There is an xfinity feature that confirmed my new tv is supported.  I called comcast to disconnect in Nov 2020 because the boxes you rent are too expensive.  The agent told me to buy a new smart tv, get the app & return the box.  I did that & spent $599 at Costco.  Now I have returned the box & can't watch my new tv.  NOT HAPPY 😞  thanks alot Comcast/Xfinity or whatever you want to call yourself.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Only thing I’ve found to work is to hold back button on remote on white line screen. Then reopen app and repeat until it works again. I did this out of frustration but it worked after the 5th time. Biggest thing was holding back arrow on remote into app closes.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Omg this worked! I’ve tried everything and even laughed a little when I read your post but then figured why not since nothing else would work!!! I only had to do it once and the app kicked on 😂😂. Thank you ! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

It’s the app and not the tv.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have spent a year trying to problem solve the Beta App. I have spent numerous hours on the phone and chats. Techs have come to our home several times. We have a Samsung MU8000. The last three days we have gotten the blank screen with the white line. In the past, we have had constant freezing of programs (not on any other apps), dvr dropping recordings and recoding wrong channels, some days the channels will not change (batteries good and no problem with the controls). A year is enough. We bought a flat indoor antenna for local stations until we can find a better provider. By the way, the antennae is perfect.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This worked for me! Thank you.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same exact issue on my Dell Laptop computer.  It is a distraction even when I select full screen view.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem on full screen when viewing on my Dell Laptop

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This app needs lots of improvements. FAST FORWARD function sucks! Can’t actually see the video while fast forwarding so it’s impossible to go to a specific spot.  Also, the “smart resume” function is completely gone.  PLEASE FIX IT.  Thank you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I can't use the numbers to go to a specific channel, I have to scroll using up and down arrows which is very annoying and wastes a lot of time.  This is an issue on the Xfinity Stream Beta app on both my Samsung and LG TV's.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I don't know what happened with the BETA stream app, i cannot watch TV in my TV, I can watch yessss on my other TV.

What's the problem and most important WHAT'S THE SOLUTION.

It says an error, I tried many many many times to fix it and nothing, I tried many more times with xfinity other help solutions and nothing.

Terrible and awful service, we are not paying pennies for the service, so solutions ASAP

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just installed this and it brings up a screen saying this is where I would play my purchases, if I had any.  It will not go to any other screen.  I cannot do anything.  Worthless.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_12efe3 @pgina1974 Hi, all! Thank you for reaching out to XFINITY for help over our Forums page help with the XFINITY Stream app concern. We can help! Have you tried these fixes found?

-TV for about 10 minutes

-Uninstall/Reinstall the app, but this requires you to re-authorize via the https://comca.st/2WaZI0g

-Within the Samsung Apps settings, choose to reinstall for Xfinity - This works to restore functionality, but if you exit or change to another app and come back, you will have to repeat.

If you have tried these steps and are still experiencing the same issue, please create your own public post without your account information. Please provide as many details about your experience as possible. Doing so will auto-open a ticket in our system, and we can assist you in the order your request is received. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here