Bkow123's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, September 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App Beta on Roku

We started getting an error CreateDrmSession-1 message suddenly after having successfully used the roku for months. We have a triple play account but it suddenly does not recognize our video subscription. We have deleted and reinstalled the app as well as reset the modem nothing seems to work. Any additional troubleshooting we can do from home?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Bkow123 wrote:
We started getting an error CreateDrmSession-1 message suddenly after having successfully used the roku for months. We have a triple play account but it suddenly does not recognize our video subscription. We have deleted and reinstalled the app as well as reset the modem nothing seems to work. Any additional troubleshooting we can do from home?

is this a roku TV or a roku streaming device?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Roku tv and a Roku streaming device. 2 TVs getting the same drm error message. No problem watching the streaming app on my iPhone in the same (home) location.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Bkow123 wrote:
Roku tv and a Roku streaming device. 2 TVs getting the same drm error message. No problem watching the streaming app on my iPhone in the same (home) location.

on the Roku device, not the TV, select the xfinity stream TV beta app and press the * (star) key not the enter button. remove the channel. unplug all cables from the roku device for 30 seconds or more then plug back in and reinstall. working now?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately no.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Bkow123 wrote:
Unfortunately no.

did you by chance return the last set top box and nowonly have roku devices? (no comcast x1 set top boxes?)

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

No we have one x1 box on the main tv. We just use the Roku on a bedroom tv. Everything was working fine one day and now not at all. I’ve deleted app and reset the Roku a couple times now and reset the cable box and modem once too. 😕

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I also have Roku Streaming Sticks on 3 TVs with a Comcast box on the main TV. Rokus installed about 30 days ago and all worked great until 9/30 and then Error createDrmSession 403-103 message. Spent hour on phone last night and hour tonight with Level 4 support. Tried everything and finally came back that xfinity recently put Roku Model 3800R on “not supported” list, only 3800X. These Rokus are less than 30 days old and Xfinity webpage says (3800, 3600) supported with no mention of X or R. Is this true? I just spent $175 on 4 Rokus and can’t return. What the heck?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@wsamstrick1 wrote:
I also have Roku Streaming Sticks on 3 TVs with a Comcast box on the main TV. Rokus installed about 30 days ago and all worked great until 9/30 and then Error createDrmSession 403-103 message. Spent hour on phone last night and hour tonight with Level 4 support. Tried everything and finally came back that xfinity recently put Roku Model 3800R on “not supported” list, only 3800X. These Rokus are less than 30 days old and Xfinity webpage says (3800, 3600) supported with no mention of X or R. Is this true? I just spent $175 on 4 Rokus and can’t return. What the heck?

that is probably not current information. I have two 3900RW and they work fine.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Did a bit more googling and my Roku box said 3800R but when I pulled out the streaming stick it was stamped 3800X. So I called Xfinity support again. We did all the troubleshooting options for a 5th time and something made it all work again. I cannot tell you exactly what worked. One new thing was switching the primary email account. Not sure if that helped but I am back in business.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately even switching my account username around and logging back in after deleting and reinstalling didn’t work for me.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here