bishak47's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 5th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Unable to install Xfinity Beta on Firestick

I just found out that I am now able to utilize the xfinity app on my Amazon Firestick. I keep trying to install but it keeps telling me that my application storage space is running low. I have reset the Firestick to default and tried having xfinity stream be the first app to load but it keeps giving me the same error about needing to free up space. 

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@bishak47 wrote:

I just found out that I am now able to utilize the xfinity app on my Amazon Firestick. I keep trying to install but it keeps telling me that my application storage space is running low. I have reset the Firestick to default and tried having xfinity stream be the first app to load but it keeps giving me the same error about needing to free up space. 

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? 

you would need to ask about that on their forum. https://www.amazonforum.com/s/fire-tv 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having same issue. Uninstalled apps to clear storage, restarted stick, and still getting “install failure, possibly not enough storage” error. What a pain

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have contacted Amazon twice. They assure me that it is something on Xfinity's side. It started with whatever update happened yesterday (2/5).

For me, the update failed. Stupidly, I uninstalled the Xfinity Stream app, and then attempted to reinstall the whole thing. Now, I cannot install it at all, and now I cannot watch TV.

I just switched back to Xfinity from Hulu. I am already regretting my decision.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

This clearly is an Xfinity stream app issue as I had the app running before trying to run an update.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity, this is your app. I had the app running and tried to run it update yesterday and it failed in the same manner that's being discussed in this forum. It is not a fire stick issue clearly, it is the update you just ran that has an error. Thank you for the app for fire stick, please fix it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the exact same issue! I also just switched from Hulu. I haven’t tried to update on my bedroom tv so luckily I can still watch there but my living room firestick will not download the app. It says storage is too low but I have only 1.4gb of storage out of 5.8 used. It’s def an xfinity issue. I troubleshooted with Amazon for 2 hours Friday night. They’re sending me a new firestick since I was still in warranty but it wasn’t until I went to watch on my bedroom stick that I realized it’s definitely an xfinity issue! I literally switched from Hulu to xfinity Friday morning and there I was Friday night unable to use the service I had just paid for! Frustrating as heII

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

do a factory reset on the firestick. After reboot, update the firestick repeadedly until no more updates are available. do not install patches nor use developer mode. after rebooting from the factory reset, go to the amazon app store and download and install. If the app is not available then it is not compatible with that version of Amazon Fire TV device.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Many of us have posted that we already did THIS!  You can't say that app simply doesn't work on our device because the app WAS working fine until I went to use it on Friday and a box flashed on my screen saying I needed an update to use the app. So I tried to update.  I got the incorrect error about my storage possibly being low, but I have over 1 GB of available space.   I tried deleting the old app permanently (shouldn't have done that!), emptied caches, cleared data, did factory reset and tried again. Still get the same error!  I have now reloaded my firestick with all the apps I had on it before I did the factory reset so I'm not trying that again.   Amazon's tech people insist there is a problem with your Xfinity stream app update and we need to contact the Xfinity developers who will need to fix it.  I posted this yesterday.  No one has responded.  

Should we just stop paying for the Stream service and post on social media to your developers to look at this?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here