Community Forum

Streaming app not initializing

Akstelmack
New Poster

Streaming app not initializing

I had been using the xfinity beta app yesterday on my tcl-roku tv with no problem.  Then later yesterday it stopped opening. I start the app in Roku, app say "initializing" then I get a black screen that says- Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later (Error-500).

I have updated my roku operating system.

I've deleted the application then restarted the device from Settings>System>System restart with no success.

I am using an Xfinity internet connection, and have a valid subscription that includes this service. I removed the channel, then restarted the device before adding the channel back again but this isn't working.
Rustyben
Expert

Re: Streaming app not initializing

@Akstelmack wrote:
I had been using the xfinity beta app yesterday on my tcl-roku tv with no problem.  Then later yesterday it stopped opening. I start the app in Roku, app say "initializing" then I get a black screen that says- Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later (Error-500).

I have updated my roku operating system.

I've deleted the application then restarted the device from Settings>System>System restart with no success.

I am using an Xfinity internet connection, and have a valid subscription that includes this service. I removed the channel, then restarted the device before adding the channel back again but this isn't working.

unplug your gateway modem for 3-4 minutes and plug back in. when it is completely up and running, unplug the TV from power and plug back in. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!