Manny1967's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 15th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Re: Xfinity Stream app (used "in-home" on tv)

This needs to be clarified. If I am using the Xfinity App and I am using my Xfinity Internet and I have Xfinity TV services, there shouldn't be any internet usage.   But all the usage of the Xfinity App "in- home" via my Xfinity internet has been counted 100% towards my internet usage.

1) The FAQ is wrong: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs

(The last paragraph --- Plus, can you make it any more confusing.  "Partner" if you make the app for a platform, shouldn't that be your partner?  If it's used in-home, then it shouldn't count towards internet usage.)

2) Makes zero sense when I have Xfinity TV service on the same line as my Xfinity Internet service, except when one department (internet) want's additional revenue vs the tv department, which one has already paid for the service.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Manny1967 wrote:

This needs to be clarified. If I am using the Xfinity App and I am using my Xfinity Internet and I have Xfinity TV services, there shouldn't be any internet usage.   But all the usage of the Xfinity App "in- home" via my Xfinity internet has been counted 100% towards my internet usage.

1) The FAQ is wrong: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs

(The last paragraph --- Plus, can you make it any more confusing.  "Partner" if you make the app for a platform, shouldn't that be your partner?  If it's used in-home, then it shouldn't count towards internet usage.)

2) Makes zero sense when I have Xfinity TV service on the same line as my Xfinity Internet service, except when one department (internet) want's additional revenue vs the tv department, which one has already paid for the service.

on what device are you using the stream TV (beta?) app? all numbered channels viewing (linear) in home, all on-demand that is not TVgo, and all recordings being watched do not count toward your cap. the modem will see the traffic but is not 'internet'  as it is kept inside of Comcast's own network. Are you speaking of something else?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here