GoofyPete's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 16th, 2021 8:00 AM

Closed

Not able to schedule recording

For the past few weeks I consistently get an error when trying to schedule a recording on my phone, tablet or browser.  This is what it says on the browser, and it's similar on the mobile devices:

Unable to Schedule Recording

This may be a temporary issue so please try again later.
(Error TVAPP-00100)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

It works fine scheduling on the box.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@GoofyPete wrote:

For the past few weeks I consistently get an error when trying to schedule a recording on my phone, tablet or browser.  This is what it says on the browser, and it's similar on the mobile devices:

Unable to Schedule Recording

This may be a temporary issue so please try again later.
(Error TVAPP-00100)

what happens when you use your in-home X1 set top boxes?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Has this been solved?  I've been unable to schedule any recordings from the app (Roku, iPhone, iPad or Browser) in about the past week. Same error message as OP.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@achappy wrote:

Has this been solved?  I've been unable to schedule any recordings from the app (Roku, iPhone, iPad or Browser) in about the past week. Same error message as OP.

it was escalated to an official employee. watch here for a reply.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have this problem too.  I can set recording of all channels on my DVR, but some channels such as ESPN and NBCSN and other cable channels cannot be recorded either via the web portal xfinity.com (Unable to Schedule Recording ERROR: tvapp-00100) or the mobile app Xfinity Remote (Sorry! An error occurred during this request).  This only started happening very recently, and it seems to apply only to live sports events.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@lxfi correct about the live sporting events. I didn't realize that's all I've been trying to record.  I just tried it with a normal broadcast and it succeeded but fails for any live sporting event I try.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Exact same issue here over the past several weeks.  Unable to set recordings for live sports events when using the Xfinity Stream app.  Also unable to set recordings for live sports when using the web interface.  Works fine when setting recordings from the box itself.  Any update from Xfinity on this?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue while attempting to schedule live sporting events via the web interface - Error TVAPP-00100.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am and have been also experiencing similar situations - viz., Unable to Schedule Recording (Error TVAPP-00100), which began after the new year. I have also noticed that Error TVAPP-00100 instances occur when trying to record live sporting events.

I only tried to record one (non-live sports) television show (via streaming applications) since the new year; it was successful.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am now able to schedule recordings for live sports from both the Xfinity stream app and the web interface.  Is this now working for others as well?  One thing I did do was to turn off WiFi on my phone and use the cellular data instead.  After that I tried to set recording from the Xfinity app and it worked there and it is also working from the web interface from my laptop.  Perhaps that's just a coincidence, but something to try in case others are still experiencing the problem.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Works for me now as well!  Thanks for the update.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

I'm happy this has now been resolved for you, @GoofyPete. Feel free to create a new post if you run into any issues in the future, and we'd be happy to help. For anyone else on this thread experiencing the same issue still, please send me a private message (click on my name, "ComcastChe," then click send a message) with your first and last name and the numbers associated with your address, and I'll be glad to investigate. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same problem, able to record from the box, not able to record from the app on my phone. Message is always “Sorry! an error has occurred during this request“

I tried clicking on the link for ComcastChe suggested above, however the link did not work.  I got a 404 page not found error.  

Help would be appreciated

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

Hey there, @user_c8ed4d

Our process here on the forums went through a change recently. In order to send us a private message, make sure you are on the forum home page and up by the right-hand side you will see a little chat box/bubble, click that and from there a messaging system will be brought up. Type in "Xfinity Support", with a message including your full name and address, and we can start helping. If you have any questions about the new process, let us know! We are here to help. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here