melias31's profile

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Missing channels on stream app

We had an outage yesterday. Since then my xfinity stream app on my Samsung phone, iPad, roku, and Samsung TV are missing channels
Im missing espn and many others when I can find them I stead of the watch button that was there I only see a subscribe button. Also when I try to log into the espn app with my xfinity credentials it says I need to contact my provider to upgrade my package.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have this same issue since last Friday.  After 3 phone calls and a trip to an xfinity store, I was told it would be fixed on Saturday.   It is not fixed and I have had no follow-up communication.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same here , this morning, says I need subscriptions as the channels are not included in my current subcription, even though I am paying for them and can watch on the regular TV!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m having this exact problem right now. An hour on the phone with Comcast/Xfinity was worthless. Please tell me if you got this problem resolved and how. 

Thank you.   

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

@NYYJack I would be happy to help and look into your concern. send us a private message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same here. Since Friday evening. Just spoke to Comcast and was told this situation will exist for “7 to 10 days” while improvements are being made to the Xfinity Stream App which is still in “Beta” mode. Then my cable channels are supposed to miraculously all come back. No heads-up from Xfinity before something like this happens?? And I was reminded that the steaming app is “free” ... not sure I trust this answer.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Was this situation ever identified?

Happened to me yesterday in Ft Myers

Hate to waste my day calling support....

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m in Naples and the same has happened to me this morning. Most of channels missing from phone and tablet. Will check again tomorrow before going to the store Monday

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also in Fort Myers and I am having the same issue. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. It looks like it is not just me in this area.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Hi, thanks for reaching out over Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear you have had problems using the Stream App. I can understand how irritating that is when you just want to relax and watch your favorite shows, channels, or sports. Have you had a chance to try any troubleshooting? Is it just happening on one device specifically, or all your devices? Have you restarted your modem as others have suggested? We do appreciate your patience and understanding.   

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had success by unplugging my modem for 20 seconds & plugging back in. After launching xfinity stream, all channels were back.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue - modem reset does nothing.  Neither did logging out/in app nor remove and adding back apps. TV works fine with set top box but Streaming App on Android, IPad, and Roku do not show correct channels. Yet the streaming via website does work.  Spoke with Tier 1 support for about 45 mins then put through to Tier 2 for about 30 mins. Re-entitlement of the devices did not work. She ran another test that ran and it started working when the test was past 80%. She mentioned that she had to do something for each device one at time before running some type the diagnostic test that ran for 3 minutes. But she did mention that she tried the re-entitlement and that was not the problem. But I was not sure what the key was that was performed on the backend to get it up and running. 

Very similar to the issue and solution also reported on the Xfinity forum. One thing I noticed is that it worked for approximately a year with no issues, but very recently my IP address changed. I think that information may not have been propagated to the part of the system that the App uses for permissions. Because the each device app displayed channels that I have access to - yet it showed that I needed to subscribe to view them (or in some cases would not even list the channel). So in the end it seems to be a disconnect likely related to an IP change on the cable modem that was initiated by Xfinity.

The frustrating part of this whole ordeal is the automated Xfinity tech support making it very difficult to reach a person.  At one point it was asking questions through texts and when I go to the part where it asked about the problem with channels displaying, it made the assumption that the three options it provided would fix the issue (none of them applied/work to my situation) and it stopped sending further troubleshooting steps. Not even asking if it worked or if I needed to speak to an agent.  Seems that Xfinity makes it VERY difficult to get proper support for difficult issues. Instead, they make assumption that all users can fix things online using canned procedures. But in this case, and others, the issue can only be resolved by technicians accessing, setting, or otherwise making changes on the backend system. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_662c26 Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the issue with your TV box. You reached a team that can assist. Can you please reach out through private message (by clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the page) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am in California and having the same issues. I’m at my son’s house and cannot access my tv to go channels. Text my daughter at home and everything is fine at home. I recently moved and my account still has my old address which I could not change nor the kid on the phone. This morning I received an automated text message from them wanting me to take a survey as to why I cancelled my service! I also noticed after my move that all communication was as if I was a brand new customer! Very frustrating. My purchases are also gone and the downloads I had are also gone. I deleted and reinstalled apps. I’ve signed out and signed back in...so disappointed and frustrated right now. The kid I was speaking with couldn’t fix any of my issues so now I have to wait for someone else to call.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey there, @user_aa406e! Thanks for using our forums page to reach out for help with the XFINITY stream app concern. I am sorry to learn about this experience with not being able to access your channels and that you were surprised with a cancellation message. You have reached the right place for help with a fix. To further assist, please send us a private message with your name and address by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue as well, and nothing (modem resets, etc.) appears to come close to resolving the problem. I've reached out to customer service representatives as well, but the recommendation is generally to just log out and back in, which does not resolve the problem. I have returned my X1 cable box recently, but various documents/guides note that it isn't needed to access the channels already paid for. Not sure I have much of an option aside from completely cancelling service at this point and finding a different provider.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Greetings, @user_94a01d! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear that you are missing channels from your lineup. We would like to have a closer look into this to see what the issue could be. Can you please click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I signed up today and I am also missing channels from the lineup. Deceiving business practice.. this is ridiculous 

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

I am so very sorry to hear that you are having issues with some of the programming channels on your new services. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here. I would love to get to the bottom of the missing programming channels. Can you please send us a private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different and service address? 

To send us a private message:
1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon. Click this "Direct messsage" https://comca.st/33K74s5
2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here