jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do I deleted a scheduled recording from my computer?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I wish you would reinstate this feature.  I used it ALL THE TIME!

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

What is the status of this? It has gone on way too long and all of your subscribers are suffering. I can't even set up a recording from my computer when I am at home!

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

I'll soon be away from home for four months, during that time, I'll subscribe to Hulu, Netflix, and other streaming services.  If this works out well, bye bye X1 Box!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

And Comcast is too cheap to purchase the capability from Tivo

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am wanting to schedule a program to record on our home television that is not a not a TV Go Channel.  Is it possible to schedule from the app a program to record on the home television? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@kip5 wrote:

I am wanting to schedule a program to record on our home television that is not a not a TV Go Channel.  Is it possible to schedule from the app a program to record on the home television? 

no, not at this time. 

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

WELL I FOUND OUT THE ANSWER TO MY OWN QUESTION! IN CASE OTHERS ARE WONDERING! APPARENTLY WHEN THIS SERVICE WAS FIRST BROUGHT OUT, ONE COULD  RECORD IN THE CLOUD FROM THE STREAMING SERVICE, BUT COMCAST HAD TO PULL IT FROM THE SERVICE AS THERE WAS SOME LEGAL ISSUE AS TO THE RIGHTS TO THAT FEATURE! THIS WILL  BE I SUSPECT A GAME CHANGER FOR MANY. IF THIS IS YOUR DEVICE LETS SAY IN YOUR BEDROOM, AND THE DVR BOX IS DOWNSTAIRS IN THE LIVING ROOM, THAT WOULD MEAN THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO GO DOWNSTAIRS( OR IN THE OTHER ROOM) TO RECORD A PARTICULAR SHOW? THATS A REAL PAIN! 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Did Directv & DISH also lose this capability? I have been a customer of both those companies and remote DVR recording was an option offered by both.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why can we not longer set a recording from our computers or laptops.  Very annoying. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

6 years ago

Comcast was found in violation of another company's patent for that feature. See employee ComcastJessie's reply in http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/m-p/3006430#M10834:

... Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. ...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Please explain how to schedule a DVR recording when not at home using Roku?

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Due to a judicial ruling, Comcast has disabled this feature. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand or, you can download the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I don't think you can anymore.  According to Xfinity stream app update last night, the ability to schedule or change DVR recordings can only be done through logging into your account from a PC or using your remote on the TV.  I have no idea why this change has been made but it is detrimental to Xfinity.  They have made several changes to the streaming app lately that have made it less than useful!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm wondering is there anyway to set a recording for my X1 DVR when I'm not home?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here