ckg009's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 24th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Beta App - No Access to Channels

Bought a 2nd Roku this weekend, activated the Beta App but am unable to actually access any channels on this 2nd Roku. Getting a "requires subscription" response.

Verified on the 1st Roku, am still able to access channels, same channels I had attempted to access on the 2nd Roku / Beta App combination. 

When I follow the link posted on the screen for my 2nd Roku, it's really uninformative. It's only a plan upgrade web page. Online chat is apparently gone, the bot is not helpful. I've read through the stock material ahead of purchasing the Roku as part of the decision making process. 

Searched over an hour of prior posts, didn't find anything similar that had been previously asked. But it's always tricky to find the *same* when describing these events.

My question then, is there a way to validate that I actually activated the Beta App on this 2nd Roku correctly? Or do I need to wait a certain amount of time before activation is actually completed before I can access channels? Or anything else I might be missed in the forms of steps needed to complete.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@ckg009 wrote:

Bought a 2nd Roku this weekend, activated the Beta App but am unable to actually access any channels on this 2nd Roku. Getting a "requires subscription" response.

Verified on the 1st Roku, am still able to access channels, same channels I had attempted to access on the 2nd Roku / Beta App combination. 

When I follow the link posted on the screen for my 2nd Roku, it's really uninformative. It's only a plan upgrade web page. Online chat is apparently gone, the bot is not helpful. I've read through the stock material ahead of purchasing the Roku as part of the decision making process. 

Searched over an hour of prior posts, didn't find anything similar that had been previously asked. But it's always tricky to find the *same* when describing these events.

My question then, is there a way to validate that I actually activated the Beta App on this 2nd Roku correctly? Or do I need to wait a certain amount of time before activation is actually completed before I can access channels? Or anything else I might be missed in the forms of steps needed to complete.  

install the youtube app. can you play videos? the roku has a xfinity beta Stream TV channel.

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @ckg009 I submitted a ticket for this issue. And we will keep you updated. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @ckg009, the ticket was updated, please try sign out, sign back in and retest video access on the new Roku.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here