Will-01's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 16th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

iPhone 12 Visual Voicemail Not Working Properly

I recently transferred to Xfinity Mobile as a new customer. I was an Android user on the previous carrier but now switched to iPhone. However, I found the visual voicemail doesn't work properly. The only option on the tab is "Call Voicemail".

I saw couple person have similar issue on the forum (see link below) and got the problem fixed. I have talked with some agents but no luck to fix the issue. 

Hope anyone here can help to fix this issue.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/New-iPhone-SE-Visual-Voicemail-Not-Available/td-p/3330654#

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am in the same boat. I dont even get notifications that I have a voicemail. 

I recently came from verizon and switched to an IPhone as well. 

@ComcastChrisL  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi @ComcastChrisL
I’m in the same boat as everyone else I have two phone that switched from android to iPhones and the voicemail tab just says call voicemail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Anyone hear back yet? I would really like visual voicemail on my phone.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Nope nothing yet. Hopefully someone hears back soon!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Exact same issue. Transferred my line from Verizon to XM with a Google Pixel 3 XL, then activated an iPhone 12 Pro on my XM line and now I don't get Visual Voicemail. I also get weird error code text messages from Verizon whenever I get a voicemail.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here. How do we contact you directly again @ComcastChrisL ?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Exact same issue here.  Went from  Verizon Android to XM iPhone 12.  I get a notification about an incoming VM which is gibberish starting with VWVMN or something like that.  At least I'm notified, but would really appreciate visual voicemail which I understand is offered by XM.  It sounds like ComcastChrisL helped someone and we would all appreciate similar assistance.  Thank you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue coming over from Verizon

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the exact same thing coming from Verizon. No one has ever gotten back to me, have you had any luck?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Exact same problem for me. Has anyone had any success getting this fixed?

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

3 years ago

Here is my suggestion for fixing visual voicemail if you have switched between Android and Apple iOS.

1.) Make sure that the IMEI on your device matches the IMEI on your XM account so that XM knows whether your device is Android or iOS. 

2.) Reset Network Settings. Power Off, then Power On again. 

This probably will not fix the problem for most of you, so you will need to start over as follows:

1.) Call XM at 800-266-2278 and have tier 2 support remove/reset your voicemail

2.) Power off, then Power On again

3.) Now go to Phone > Voicemail and set up your phone (It might say call voicemail)

Here is an old article on iPhone Voicemail https://www.payetteforward.com/iphone-voicemail-use-data-visual-voicemail-explained/

Remember that voicemail uses cellular/carrier data (or WiFi Calling) so you should have your cellular data enabled. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I also transferred my number from a Verizon Android to an Xfinity iPhone and only receive a VZW text when a voicemail is received.  I just spent another hour of my life on a chat session with an Xfinity representative - they said they "reprovisioned" my voicemail and now it should work.  Instead, it is exactly as it was.  This is very frustrating!  

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

3 years ago

Try contacting ComcastChrisL

See the earlier post in this thread where he was able to fix the problem for a user

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/New-iPhone-SE-Visual-Voicemail-Not-Available/td-p/33306...

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same with me.  Second level person called me back,  removed the voice mail (although all the old  messages were  still there) , reset it and now it works fine.  I am so thankful for the people on this forum, or else it never would have been solved.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks - I finally had a Tier 2 customer service rep take care of it - kind of following your advice of removing voicemail and then adding it back in - resetting network settings - and voila - I have visual voicemail.  Whew.  Thank you for your advice!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here