steve061768's profile

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Will XM support/allow the use of the Pixel 4a?

Since there is no mention of the 4a for sale on the XM website, will/can XM support either the unlocked 4a purchased from wherever, or the Verizon version, purchased directly from Google?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I would also like to know the answer to this before I buy the 4a. XM chat just told me I had to buy the phone first. I did contact google and they said it is supposed to work but it can be returned within 15 days if there are issues.

Hopefully someone from XM will respond to this thread!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@Rachelb1  Yep. I followed this same path. Tried XM chat then tried Google and got the same responses. It sure would be nice to get a real answer from XM.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@Greyswandir would you be so kind and enlighten us as to how you managed to get your 4a activitated with XM? Much appreicated.

-Mike 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I talked to a representative; sounds like there was some unforeseen delay in getting the list of Pixel 4a IMEIs from Google to Xfinity Mobile prior to launch, but that should hopefully be resolved in the next few days.

They also said if you have an existing, activated Xfinity Mobile SIM card you should be able to swap it into a Pixel 4a, but that new activations will have to wait for a few days.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Has anyone had any luck with this since the last comment that said it should be resolved soon?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry I didn't post sooner. I tried to a few days ago but I couldn't get into this forum for some reason.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I was able to get my 2 Pixel 4a phones in now. Only a couple days after I signed up with US Mobile I found out the Xfinity IMEI checker tool was accepting my numbers so I immediately ordered SIM cards and backed out of US Mobile during the 14 day trial period. So now I happily have my phones on xfinity mobile! Give it a try for yourselves!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

@Rachelb1 yes. Posting this now from my Pixel 4a which has been on Xfinity Mobile for over a week!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is the visual voicmail and vm indicator working? I had this problem with my 3a. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

@BroncJJudy  yes, I'm on Xfinity Mobile and I receive notifications with voicemail transcriptions from the Phone app in the status bar.

The Voicemail tab in the phone app shows caller, transcription, play, delete, call or message back, etc. Everything seems to be working normally.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Great, thank you everyone!

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Visual VM and VM indicator works. Visual VM is transcribed by Google.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Excellent!  I've been on Republic Wireless for years but their phone numbers are considered VOIP numbers and don't work with apps like WhatApp and Venmo so I wanted to switch to another low cost provider.  Looks like Xfinity Mobilie is the way to go.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes Wi-Fi calling works! That's one of the big reasons I wanted/needed to ditch US Mobile. They don't have Wi-Fi calling so I can't use my phone from my home office. Xfinity Mobile has it and it has been working great so far.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

@fjabjr yes it does; see attaached picture

1 Attachment

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here