Board373's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, December 14th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

RCS Messaging

When is RCS Messaging going to be enabled on Xfinity Mobile? Google rolled it out to all phones and carriers last week. Brand new customer on Pixel 4 XL asking...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

User on Galaxy Note 8 is also asking!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

From what I understand, it's no longer up to the carrier. If your carrier isn't supporting RCS then Google Messages is redirecting to one of their servers and it should work! But, my Samsung A50 is not working either but was working with the Messages beta version hack...

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I just got off the phone with an Xfinity Mobile CSSR who was clueless but finally read me a terse one sentence that amounted to "Xfinity Mobile plans to support RCS someday."

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

4 years ago

Here is an article from USA Today that gives the current status of the rollout by each major carrier. So far Verizon says that it only supports a few devices and there seems to be other issues. Not promising at all for anything happening with XM anytime soon. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/2019/12/16/does-android-rcs-messaging-work-with-imessage-your-wireless-carrier/2662200001/

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here. New Pixel device and it isn't working on Xfinity mobile. Would like an update from Xfinity!

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity Mobile currently doesn't support RCS. That being said, it shouldn't matter for those of us that are using the latest ver. of Google Messages & Carrier Services. As of last Monday, 12/9, Google says it should work for everyone. If your Carrier does not support RCS then Google Messages redirects your txt msgs to it's own servers instead of the Carrier servers... This still doesn't answer why our devices are not activating the RCS feature! If someone has an answer please feel free to respond...

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Not sure what your point is. I have the latest version of everything, and RCS I is not working for me. Android messages-settings-chat features-unavailable

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

My point is that Xfinity Mobile has no control over implementation of Google Messages RCS. According to Google if you have the latest ver. of Messages & Carrier Services it should be working but it isn't for many of us apparently...

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Can someone from Xfinity please advise what's going on Moto g7 not working

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I would also like to know why RCS Messaging doesn't work on my Galaxy S9? I installed Messages by Google and RCS still doesn't work. It used to work if I did the hacked way but that way doesn't work for me anymore.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Galaxy s8 here, came here looking for an answer because according to TechLinked (who double checks sources) says that RCS is just plain "available and implemented in America" and I've seen posts from people testing it on Xfinity Mobile and it works. Would love to get this working ASAP so I can start converting people!

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

4 years ago

(You’ll need to update both Messages and Google’s Carrier Services app, Google communications-suite product management director Sanaz Ahari tweeted Thursday. The Messages app should then show a “Messages just got better” dialog; tap “Agree” to opt in.)

Similar to iMessage on Apple, both parties on Android/Google must be part of the ecosystem.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry, link didn't post. Use these instructions to get RCS.

https://9to5google.com/2019/10/26/enable-rcs-android-messages/

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello everyone,

I wanted to provide an update and clarify the status of RCS.  I can confirm that Xfinity Mobile plans to offer Chat/RCS capability in the future. Currently, there is not a projected availability date.

Not all manufacturers/devices or carriers currently support Chat/RCS. Recipients who do not have Chat/RCS capability will instead see messages as standard text messages without the additional features.

As soon as there are any new developments, I will make sure to provide an update.

Chris

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

That does not work apps been updated
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here