kirr's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 28th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

[Pixel BYOD] no voicemail notifications or transcriptions

I have recently switched my whole family from Google Fi to Xfinity (BYOD Pixel 1 for all of us).

Today my wife asked me why aren't we receiving any voicemail notifications. I looked at it, and indeed, we are receiving voice mails but the only way to access those is to call your own number.

I went ahead and installed Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app from Google Play Store. It showed a screen telling me to use default voicemail app (which is the rightmost tab in Phone app). Nevertheless, the default voicemail app does not show anything.

Both Xfinity mobile (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-access-voicemail-android-phone) and Google (https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/2811844?hl=en) tells that the visual voicemail should work, and yet it does not.

Is there a way to make it work? // cc @ComcastChrisL 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problem, on two different new pixel 3a phones.

Xfinity Mobile Voicemail says that voicemail has moved and to use the phone's native voicemail app.  But the voicemail app has nothing there, no record of numbers, no transcription, nothing. 

I chatted with an agent whose idea was that I have to call voicemail after every missed call to see if I have a message or not.

Xfinity says that all google pixels are available to be used on xfinity mobile, and my imei showed compatible, but no voicemail notifications is a pretty big deal.  

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

This has been resolved for me thanks to another poster's advice... an xfinity customer service agent had to set my service to Basic Visual Voicemail on their end.  The person I did the online chat with was unhelpful, and the first person on the phone didn't know what to do, but the second person did.  See my post here for more info: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/No-notification-of-voicemails/m-p/3303524/highlight/true#M22814

I hope you got it figured out, too!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had L2 support downgrade me to basic as suggested. She said it has only worked about 80% of the time and that was the only option they had. So up until now it looks like I have tried all troubleshooting steps with no luck. Phone reset, network reset, voicemail reset, Uninstall updates from phone app, downgrade to basic voicemail via xfinity support, change various vm settings etc.. I was told there is a more pressing matter with galaxy phones not getting mms right now that they are focused on. Guess we just have to wait.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the link. I got a line for my mom with a new Pixel 3 XL and voicemail notification is not working. I don't want to call technical support and be told to reset my network settings or the phone.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello!
I have a Pixel 3 XL and was unable to access visual voicemail from the native phone app that comes with Android 10 after I switched over to Xfinity Mobile. It took hours because I initially spoke with a well-intended technician who did not know how to address the problem, but after calling I was fortunate to reach a Level 2 technician who worked through the issue. L2 Tech named Drew Check to see how my account was "provisioned". The first attempt at fixing the problem led to a discontinuation of my voicemail altogether. Once he turned it back on, he needed to "get my line over to an engineer" to complete the update. I then went to the system folder under settings and reset all of my network/wifi connections. A message appeared asking me to set up my voicemail, and when I logged in it asked for my pin, which was not what I had set up previously, leading me to get locked out. Drew followed up with me, reset a temporary PIN on my voicemail that I was able to go in and change. After about 20 minutes, a message came through, and soon thereafter a transcription appeared. It took a lot of resetting and configuration by a knowledgeable and steadfast tech, but the voicemail actually works. I'm hoping someone else in the same predicament will Have enough info to pass along and resolve their voicemail issue as I didn't see anyone speaking to this in the forums yet.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thanks for this info.  I'm having the same problem, migrating my Pixel 1 BYOD from Verizon to Xfinity wireless.  Looks like I need to start by having a tech "downgrade" me to basic visual voicemail, and go from there.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Just bought a new phone and downloaded the Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app since I couldn't set up the Pixel 4a's built-in voicemail. Lo and behold I discovered I had a year's worth of voicemails from family, car salesmen, and a few important work-related ones from when I switched over to Xfinity in January 2020 with my original Pixel 1. Kinda crazy I never noticed this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here