Gypsysoul317's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Outgoing caller id

How do I change my outgoing caller ID to my name instead of wireless caller? I know it's possible, as my parents have Xfinity mobile, and it displays their names when they call a landline. I recently switched from Verizon and it only says "wireless caller" when I call a landline. It previously displayed my name with Verizon.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the exact problem. How can this be changed?

Contributor

• 

277 Messages

4 years ago

XM is an MVNO, you can't change it and its not worth the price to get it.

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

4 years ago

If someone ported or transferred their landline phone number to XM or another carrier, then that number and associated name may still be in the databases that many landline companies use in their caller id functions. 

That is my best guess, and I am sticking to it. 

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

Before I switched to XM, I was with T-Mobile and my name would show on landline phones and now they show up as wireless caller. I called XM and the guy said he couldn’t do it but he would submit a ticket and they would get back with me within 72 hours but he couldn’t provide me the ticket number because his supervisor is the one who had to do that which I did not believe. I called a couple weeks later and the lady said, “no, no, no sir it cannot be changed, I’m so sorry sir. Yea, no it can’t, I’m so sorry”. As for the guy (WKG Bill) said it cost too much. That’s just ridiculous. It shouldn’t matter XM being an MVNO. Comcast should be able to provide this.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

We have had XM service for about 1.5 years.  I asked same thing but only answer I got was since a new service they hadn't set it up yet to allow for that.  Still waiting for this option to be allowed.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just moved 2 lines from Verizon wireless to Xfinity Mobile.  Each line had their own caller ID.  Once on XM, both lines were assigned the same caller ID.  I spoke with tech support today and was told that they could not change the caller ID to the same name as they were on Verizon.  Instead of assigning the correct name to the line, all they could do is to assign "wireless caller" to the line and that would take 72 hours.  It seems that the caller ID info gets mixed up in the process of porting phone numbers from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

We had ATT before we switched.  Would think after 1.5 years on their system would be able to 'fix' this issue.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was sold on transfering from Verizon to Xfinity on supposedly saving about $54/month.   Instead of being billed less, I am now billed the same $68/month and NO incoming or outgoing Name Caller ID which is ridiculous and should have been made clear when I switched.    Looks like I will be going back to Verizon or other Samsung Ultra20 (whatever) model carrier is available that doesn't pull a bait and switch.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

3 years ago

You must not have called Customer Service to get your Caller ID working again because you did not mention that. Caller ID is included in every line of service at no extra cost. Everyone I know who has Xfinity Mobile has no problem with their service. You should contact the manufacturer of your cellphone if you don’t want to contact Customer Service. Good luck!

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

3 years ago

I had talked to customer service and was originally told that wasn't available because comcast mobile was still brand new.   Have attempted to contact them again (don't use their ask xfinity cause it has not idea what asking) and was told to call them vs chatting online.  So guess will either go into local store or call them. 

They actually did have it at one time where could chat with a live person online vs calling--- was very nice.  Wish that was still available. 

UPDATE:  attempted to call 800 support.  Person said not option they could do,  would ask tech support to help me--- then my call was disconnected.  

Did find another post within last month (same question) and they were told to use this link--- actually chatting online w/ somone.  https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here