cmosteiro's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 28th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

No Service Since Upgrading to iOS14

I updated my phone to iOS 14 over the weekend and it doesnt appear to be working well with Xfinity Mobile. If my wifi is off, my phone works fine but if I turn WiFi on, it loses cell connection and says "No Service"  Has anyone else experienced this issue? @ComcastChrisL who can help?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m experiencing the exact same issue, since upgrade my iPhone to iOS and connecting to my Xfinity WiFi. I have not issues on other non-Comcast WiFi networks. I’m following along for a solution hopefully. Thank you!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes that was the first thing I tried and have the same result

Contributor

• 

477 Messages

4 years ago

Did you try to reset network settings? General, reset, reset network settings. You will need to log into your wifi network again.

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

4 years ago

Have you tried toggling off WiFi Calling to see if that is part of the problem with your particular phone's software? Then power off and on. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Posted this on the Apple developer forums but I'll drop it here too.

I went from 2 bars in my house to 0. Installed a Verizon LTE network extender (had a buddy with Verizon activate it) and still get no cellular signal at all -- literally 0 bars and it's 2 feet from me. No big deal, I'll use Wifi calling, which on average lasts 5 seconds to 1 minute before "call failure". My wife and daughter (iPhone 8 and iPhone SE respectively) are on 13.x and have no issues. After seeing my phone turn into a literal paperweight, I'm ensuring they don't install the update.

Device: iPhone X

I've tried:

• Airplane Mode

• Hard reset

• Network Settings Reset

• Factory Reset

• iTunes Reimaging with 14.0.1

• LTE Network Extender added to my network 2 feet from me

• Wifi calling, no airplane mode (call never goes through, just hangs forever)

• Wifi calling, airplane mode (call lasts 5 seconds to a minute before call failure and dropped)

• VoLTE on/off

• 3G on/off (LTE Network Extender doesn't help and 3G signal in my basement is non-existent so dead on arrival)

• Updating to the 14.2 iOS public beta

At this point I have my phone forwarded to a google voice number so that I can actually receive phone calls, albeit while strapped to my computer. This is beyond infuriating, especially as someone who has been a loyal customer of Apple for most of a decade. If this isn't fixed soon I'm going to go to Android. The entire point of having a cell phone is being available to people. At this point if I were dying on the road screaming out my window for help would be more useful than having my phone on me.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Have you found a resolution? I am now having the same exact issue. They are saying SIM cards went in both phones - on the same day at the same time, only in my house! So I’m going to play their game and go get new SIM cards today. Although I don’t think this is the answer.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I put off upgrading to ios14.2.  I had this weird misgiving as I updated.  AND sure enough, my xfinity iphone 6s no longer works as a phone with wifi.  I don't think it is a coincidence.  I am seriously bummed.  I will try upgrading my wifi security as Apple now thinks I have weak security and I need to upgrade my wifi protocol.  OK.  I will try that when I get time.  I wish somebody would post the solution. . . or if there is one.  Don't upgrade if you haven't yet!!!  Yeah, like anybody is going to read this.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Once I am out of my house I am fine. For some reason in my house the signal suddenly just died in the last weeks. I had to switch to wifi calling while in the house. Such a stupid resolution, but I guess whatever works

Problem Solver

• 

747 Messages

3 years ago

Phone, SMS, and MMS work by connecting to cellular towers, OR by indirectly connecting to XM servers by using WiFi Calling which of course requires an adequate WiFi connection.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here