chrislee32's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 14th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Cell phone dropping calls with WIFI calling

I have been reading online blogs where MANY people are having dropped calls with WIFI calling on Xfinity mobile. I am having the same problem. I've worked through the issue and have found the problem.....BUT NO SOLUTION.

When calling on WIFI the phone will show XM WIFI. Calls go through with no issues. When the phone shows XFINITY MOBILE no WIFI calls will go through. The problem is that the phone will switch randomly between the two settings. Thus dropping your calls. I've worked with Tier 1, 2 and 3 people at Xfinity and no resolution. It happens with 3 different models of iphone and a Galaxy phone. I happens with 3 different modems. HEY XFINITY, THIS IS NOT A USER SIDE PROBLEM.

I've been dealing with this issue for a year now. I'm praying we don't have an actual emergency at my home because I'll have to jump in the car and drive a mile down to the road to call for help. XFINITY please work on a resolution, I'm certainly not the only person with this issue. 

Here are many examples of users with the same issue.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=wifi%20calling%20drop%20calls

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have this exact same issue and have had it on 2 iPhones since we switched to xfinity mobile. It's so bad and dysfunctional that I've just had to turn the feature off so that I can get calls. Otherwise, when I attempt to pick up the call it fails. It usually rings, but then just fails and drops.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I have no issue with wifi calling on Moto G7 Power

I never got wifi calling to work with iphone XR since Sep 19

Apple has been supportive and even replaced my iphone.

They said xfinity should fix it.

Problem is  with Xfinity software/configuration and their tier 2 is

of no help to resolve. They submit a ticket but dont ever get a response.

Onb iphone wifi calling does not kick in unless one is on airplane mode. And

then when we turn off airplane mode, all incoming calls fail. Then only

way to recover is to turn off wifi calling and\reset network settings.

iphone unusable for wifi calling on xfinity mobile.l I verified this also with Xs.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

FYI to you and anyone else that sees this post, I just talked to a rep that said they are working on the issue and gave me a ticket number.

cr894163725

Apparently a lot of people have complained. Let's hope they get it going soon.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I guess I'm fortunate enough that I don't really care all that much, but it is a nice feature and worked extremely well on AT&T. The  quality of the call was fantastic as well when used. I'm angry about it not working, but I also pay about $170 less than I did with AT&T. I guess if I cared that much about wifi calling, I'd switch back, but the price is just so low that I feel I can live without this feature.

I only noticed recently because I'm in a building with garbage cell signal, so I tried to turn it back on and DROP.. Try again.. DROP.. .. CALL FAILED..

Please Xfinity, fix this feature.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Don't hold your breath. Aparently these issues have been going on for many customers for a long long time (multiple months). Xfinity is working harder on deleting / locking the customer feedback and forum posts than they are on actually resolving the issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This has been a long-standing problem mainly with iPhones.  I experienced this with my iPhone XR and finally just shut off Wi-Fi calling.  FYI after doing this it was necessary to turn off / reboot the phone to completely clear the issue so incomming calls wouldn't immediately disconnect with the "call failed" message.

The problem seems to have been fixed with Apples's iOS 13.4 update.  Or maybe Xfinity's recent carrier settings update.  Make sure you update and also have Xfinity carrier settings 41.0. or later (Settings -> General -> About -> Carrier).  

I have not had any problems since.  Other users have confirmed this.  My phone stays locked on XM Wi-Fi where before the connection was random.  No disconnects so far.  In the past I had also "Reset Network Settings", reconnected to my Wi-Fi and turned off "Ask to Join Networks".   I don't want the phone automatically connecting to Xfinity hotspots as many are "not connected to the internet" for whatever reason and when traveling the phone would connect to the dead hotspot and lose internet connectivity.

Finally !!! - Fingers crossed.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Still no luck... Still not working...

Regular Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

I think I can say that the latest update Fixed WIFICALLING issue for me. I still hesitate, after over a year of dealing with this. But much more stable a week after the update. Latest IOS update, after that carrier settings updated as well. Sometimes it has a hard time locking into XMWIFI after I get back home, but when it does, it never switches back and forth between regular cell signal and WIFI calling. IPHONE 7 and IPHONE XR.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

still a problem, 4 months later.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the SAME issue.  I live in a rural area and rely on WiFi calling.  Mine's been going on for 2.5 years.  I've never had such a bad experience with a cell provider.  dropped calls all day long.  I'll have long stretches of time where I can't make any calls at all.  I can't empty my voicemail box.   My wife is on AT&T because her work pays for the phone.  WiFi calling works perfectly on her phone.  I've spent over an hour on hold with the just to tell me the problem is not on their end.   If they don'y fix this soon I am switching providers.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have had the same problem call drop/ failed call. Incomeing call going to voice mail ect ! Looks like lots of other people are have the same problem on XFINITY WIFI1 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue here, just want to stop dropping calls! Infuriating!

Contributor

• 

115 Messages

4 years ago

Likewise.  Same issue here.  Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Same here too!! I never experienced any dropped calls with any of my Cell Carriers, and here I am in Florida where this is area is known to be very weak signal, I thougth I'd use the WiFi calling feature and it's getting worse!! It's just matter of time where I'll be switching carriers. My wife has Cricket service and it is also very bad too. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I hope for your sake that somehow it fixed. Not for me, and yes I have an iPhone 8 with fully updated OS. I’ve tried to talk to tech support countless times and the wait time is always 3+ hrs. I’ve tried their chat, and after going through their decision tree they said I have to call tech support! Ha!

To be functional at all I have to switch to airplane mode at my house, and then turn on Wi-Fi calling, and then restart my telephone app. And that sometimes works but it still drops calls. Then when I go outside I have to turn off airplane mode and wait to grab the carrier before I can get any data. Even then, the service isn’t anywhere near as good as it was with AT&T. Yesterday I signed up with T-Mobile, and Xfinity dropped that call 5 times in 30 min! But, I give up, will get the SIM card tomorrow and happily switch.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here