Community Forum

Can’t set up Cellular on Apple Watch

Highlighted
New Poster

Can’t set up Cellular on Apple Watch

I got my watch yesterday. Everything worked fine until I got to “set up cellular” and it just sat on the fourth step: ACTIVATION is in progress and a line is being added to your account. This may take a few minutes. Etc.

The teal circle never moved once as it had in the previous steps showing that it was in progress. I’ve reset/repaired my watch 4 times since yesterday. I spoke with an Xfinity mobile representative and they said I needed a SIM card. The watch I have is supposed to have an eSIM. Why can’t this be done on Xfinity’s end? I can’t spend another entire day working on this. Someone please help 😞
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Can’t set up Cellular on Apple Watch

There are 9 topics of the same issue here, the more we dig into it the more it's sounding like a widespread xfinity issue. A lot of us have tier 2 tickets with no luck.

I am guessing it is something their higher techs will need to work on. I am being told now that if this most recent try doesn't work then I may just have to wait til a bigger issue is resolved. I have spoke to multiple chat and phone agents. 

The part that bums be most is that they all seem to be out of the loop for what seems like a company-wide issue. 

I would rather them say "its a known issue, we are working on a fix as fast as we can" than having me try the same things over and over lol.

I don't want to keep factory resetting this watch over and over lol

Highlighted
Contributor

Updating everyone,

Mine worked this morning and was now able to fully connect. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @HOYTIE,

Thank you for posting to the forum, know that we are here to help. In case you are still in need of assistance, reach out to me via private message so that I can look further into this for you.

You can reach out to me privately by clicking on my name ComcastChrisL and from my profile page, select the blue ‘send a message’ button. For account access and authentication, please include the following; first and last name, complete address, mobile number, and the last 4 digits of the card on file.

Also, in case your Apple Watch has not registered to the account, please include the IMEI for the watch and the host iPhone. Thanks again for your time and patience.

Chris

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hello-I’ve tried several different ways of sending you a private message regarding the unable to connect to cellular issue with Apple Watch, but am unable to find anywhere that allows me to send you my account info. What is the best way to get it to you? I’ve been dealing with this for 2 weeks and spent countless hours on the phone with support to no avail.
Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same issue and was even told to return the watch and obtain a new one, which I did and am still having the same issue. What did you end up having to do to fix it? I tried to locate the ability to send a private message to ComcastChrisL but I’m not seeing the option to message him anywhere.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No luck with setting up the watch after 1 month and trying daily to do the same steps recommended by xfinity mobile support. I continue to get unable to configure cellular plan error. The first time I tried the step that registered the watch with xfinity the registration worked so the watch shows up in my account. Mobile support told me this is a known issue and it is being worked on and continue to try each day. Are there any other solutions?

Highlighted
New Poster

Hey! I actually had to send a message over to ComcastChris to get it sorted out-he is the Man!! It took several attempts but he fixed the issue for me 🙂 I recommend going to his page and sending him a message to see if he can look into your account and help!