Melkor456's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 18th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Apple Watch Series 6 not connecting

Every time I click get started on step one, I recieve a message that says, "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again." After seeing these forums and talking to multiple customer service agents, it seems like this is an ongoing issue that none of you know how to solve. All you are doing is driving people to other mobile providers whos services actually work.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

having the same issue. did you find a solution?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

The last person I talked to said they were still working on putting my watch on my plan and I should see it in 72 hours. But that's after the first person told me I would get a call back within 15 minutes and an hour later I reached out again just to be told that they can't schedule call backs.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I just got a response on another thread that I had posted yesterday with this:

"I have been notified by technical support that Apple Watch SE and 6 models will not activate until after September 22nd, 2020. They are still only available as pre-orders on Xfinity mobile."

Why they wouldn't tell their customer service reps something like this and also post it somewhere for customers to see is beyond me.  

Hopefully this helps

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I can confirm I also got this explination today when having an issue activating two Series 6 watches. I guess we'll see how it goes on the 22nd. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Seems like that would be an important piece of information to put out there. My hopes are not high that come tomorrow it is going to be solved.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I would agree with you on that one. I was actually able to “activate” one of the watches yesterday while down in CT (we live in MA). It now shows Xfinity Mobile as the carrier and lists Xfinity Mobile 13.0.1 in the About section of the watch. However, the cellular won’t actually kick in when the phone isn’t present and a known WiFi network isn’t in range. The cellular button in the control center just stays white and doesn’t show any signal strength. I may try to remove and re-add the cellular plan to the watch today and see how it goes.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I just activated my series 6 with no issue. I turned off my iPhone and the cellular icon turned green on the watch and it works.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am still receiving the exact same error message, and not getting any actual help from support agents.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

So this is weird: earlier today I shut off my phone and turned off the WiFi option on the watch. At that point, the cellular icon turned green and showed one circle of signal strength. This only was on screen for about 5 seconds and then it turned white again. I haven't been able to get it to connect to cellular again since.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Private message @ComcastChrisL and he will help you. Usually responds in 24-48 hours.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I will try contacting him. The last agent I talked to told me that they don't support apple watch, and would not listen when I tried to explain to them that they sold it on their website.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL I too am having troubles with connecting series 6 Apple Watch to cellular. I can’t figure out how to private message you directly fro your profile. Can you help?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Does anyone have a solution?  Still can't get my Apple Watch 6 to connect to cellular after talking to tech support for hours.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

@ComcastChrisL I also have problem connect my series 6 to cellular. I got mine directly from Apple. Went thro step 1 to 4 and saw my watch is added to my plan under xfinity mobile but not activated. Could you please help? Where can I find the send message button to send private message to you?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We bought two new iwatch 6 series from the apple store. I was able to get mine activated and linked to cellular ASAP, no problem (I’m the primary account holder and have an iPhone 11 Pro), but my husband keeps getting an error message every time he tries to link to cellular (he has iPhone 9). We were just on the phone with customer support for about 2 hours unpairing, updating and trying over and over, but no luck. They “escalated” our situation and are supposed to call us back on Tuesday- fingers crossed!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here