Lkgbarbour2013's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Apple Watch Generation 3 will not connect to cellular: Comcast Mobile Support is Worthless: 2020

Team,

I am getting the dreaded ugh oh error message when trying to activate my apple watch generation 3 to the cellular mobile network. I have tried all troubleshooting and have been on the phone with Comcast Mobile support for over 10 hours since Friday April 10, 2020. Their tier 1 support is useless and they have created 3 different cases. I have been promised that a tier 3 engineer would fix the issue and I have been promised that a supervisor would call me back 2 times, NONE of this has occured. I AM OVER IT 😞

I need help getting this watch setup and it is an issue in the back end that can only be fixed by tier 3. I have attempted all troubleshooting steps listed in these forums to no avail. I have performed the factory reset on both devices, unpaired and paired, etc....etc...etc...

The watch shows on my account as active but no service??? The cellular will not activate???

I need help please, ChrisL, if you are still out there, please help me out.

Get your act together Comcast Mobile, you are a billion dollar company....act like it!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

same problem here.

@ComcastChrisL -- I hope you haven't hung up your cape.

I NEED A HERO!!!!! I'm holding out for a ....

okay, you get the idea.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

You are not alone. I've had the same issue and gone through the same troubleshooting with hours of chatting with several different Mobile Support agents. I read through all of these forums and attempted everything suggested. I requested a manager as well with no response. It seems as though they have been encountering these issues since July 2019 but have not trained their support team members in how to resolve it. I am desperate for help as I cannot carry my phone during the day and rely on my watch for emergency purposes.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue, hours of support no luck

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

That's actually more reassuring than anything else. I would rather have them tell me it's a known issue and they are working to resolve it than having me un pair and re pair over and over and over to no avail lol.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Sounds to me like they need to send out a company-wide memo and update anyone with tickets that are in a similar situation. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

On the phone speaking with a tier 2 agent who informed me that this was the topic of their morning meeting. She stated that they have their techs working on it but acknowledged it's a problem on their end which is more than anyone else has said. Everyone else has tried to make it seem as though the issue is with the devices so I appreciate her being candid. A work order is being placed to resolve the issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Ours connected this morning as if by magic.

According to Apple support: it can take some time for the latest Apple Watch updates to take effect - up to 24 hours - which may effect other functions, such as connectivity.

that, or there really is a massive backlog of people trying to get their mother's day watches on cellular.

乁( ⁰͡ Ĺ̯ ⁰͡ ) ㄏ

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

My watch added to My account, however my watch still hasn’t connected to Xfinity Mobile.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Mine worked this morning and was now able to fully connect. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here