D-man's profile

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Monday, October 7th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

Any reason not to switch to second generation plans?

My wife and I have been on the $12 per gig plan for over a year now and it is saving us a bunch of money.  Every month we have either used 3 or 4 GB, with one or two that went up to 5 GB.  It seems like a no brainer to switch to the $30 3GB plan to save $6 a month but wanted to check here first to make sure I am not missing anything.  Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

I think I read somewhere that with the newer plans, verizon can throttle your data during busy times.   Older plans are not throttled.   

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

5 years ago

@not_too_shabby wrote:

I think I read somewhere that with the newer plans, verizon can throttle your data during busy times.   Older plans are not throttled.   

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/policies/broadband-disclosures 

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

5 years ago

In those terms, I found this:

Customers on Xfinity Mobile accounts established on or after August 1, 2019, may experience slower data speeds during periods of congestion on our carrier partner's cellular network. Once the demand on the cellular network lessens, your speed will return to normal. Note that customers may purchase the ability to receive Service that will not experience such slower data speeds during times of congestion on a per-line basis.

Since my account was established before August 1, 2019, does that mean that I will not get throttled even if I switch to the new plans?  Could someone from Xfinity please verify this?

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello guys,

Before diving into some pertinent details, thank you for your inquiry.  I am more than glad to provide assistance and clarity on this matter.

When switching over to the 2nd generation data plan, every account on that plan would be deprioritized during network congestion regardless if the account initiated before, on , or after August 1st, 2019.

This can be remedied with the HD pass which is higher quality cellular service in times of network congestion.  The HD pass is at an additional cost of $20/month (non-refundable, not prorated ).

Let me know if you have any other question.  Thanks again for everyone’s time, patience, and support.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here