leporaj's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

I was able to activate the watch on go-live date, it looked like it activated - but now i'm seeing in the watch app it spins on "activate" and then fails to activate cellular.  If i walk through the steps again - eventually i'll hit an Xfinity Mobile page that tells me the watch is already linked to my account and to call in to get it working.  

So - i called in and this was the result:

1) Sir - you can't activate a watch with us, it's only iPhones

2) Ok - we got through that - Sir, you'll need to contact apple care

3) Ok - we got through that - Sir, you actually have to go in and turn on bluetooth (ugh)

Ok - so that was just some of the fun above ... at the end of the conversation I was told the following:

- You have to go into a store to activate the watch

- They (from the phone) are unable to remove the watch I activated on my account, as I have to go into the store to remove lines

Anyone else having similar difficulties?  Love the costs savings - but it's very reminisent of dealing with back in the day comcast technical support, and got no value from trying to call in to find out more information or get anything resolved.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Furthermore Apple also released iOS 12.4 today as well.  We are recommending updating to iOS 12.4. 

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hi fq9228,

We are making sure we reach out to everyone needing assistance with activating their Apple Watch.  At your earliest convinience, reach out to me privately with first and last name on the account and the mobile number of the device that you will pair your watch to.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

I wish I could say the same, but ComcastChrisL did reach out and he is on it. I am feeling confident! LOL

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

My Apple Watch is now activated as of this morning.  It went through the complete process...all of a sudden.

Louis

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

ComcastChrisL contacted me recently and he is working on this
unfortunate Xfinity (Verizon) cellular network problem.
Hoping the positive outcome will be known soon . . . I am

still without my Apple watch 4  activated on the cellular  and my

account.

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

My Apple watch have lost cellular sevice! I have spent over 3 hours talking to someone in-store and on the phone and no one knows what to do!

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Just got off phone with xFinity saying now they are saying that Apple Watch Series 4 model A1976 is not compatiable but they sell it in their store...and it was working up until 3 days ago.SMH

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

A1976 Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS+Cellular, United States/Canada, 44 mm) model is compatible with LTE bands 2 (1900 MHz), 4 (AWS), 5 (850 MHz), 12 (700 MHz), 13 (700c MHz), 17 (700b MHz), 18 (800 MHz), 19 (800 MHz), 25 (1900 MHz), 26 (800 MHz), and 41 (TD 2500) as well as UMTS 800 MHz, 1700 MHz, and 1900 MHz in the United States, Canada

Verizon Wireless bands :
2, 4, 5, 13, 66 - (1900, 1700 f, 700 c)

These are the official specs from Apple and Verizon.
Clearly shows that this model is 100% technically compatible
with Verizon (and Comcast Xfinity).
There is likely another reason why Verizon network "does not like"
this model - the sale price - almost $800. You must buy it at Verizon store!

This is what I have been told several times by several different Xfinity
experts in Xfinity store.

BTW, Xfinity promotion was VERY CLEAR that ONLY incompatible models are
these from AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint.
Looks that we are victims of big misleading by Comcast or Verizon (cellular
network provider for Xfinity).

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to indicate that we have not ruled model A1976 as incompatible across the board. We are addressing Apple Watch situations on a case per case basis. As of now we continue to work, do research, and gather information all aimed at bringing forth resolution. I will continue to update with the latest information as soon as it comes in. Thank you again for your time and patience.

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

This get crazier by the day.  Now I have 2 Apple Watches showing up on my account both with same IMEI...One showing inactive and one showing active I guess....however I still DO NOT have celluar on my watch.    When I try and activate I get the message "This watch was already activated on another line.  Call us at (844) 963-0125 to deactivate the watch from its current phone before proceeding"  Now we all know when you call the person on the phone can not assist you...nor the person in the store that they send you to.  I'm beginning to think I work for xFinity because I'm either on the phone or in the store more than on my regular job.  They need to learn how to resolve issue  or if they don't know what to do they should just say  I DON'T KNOW anything about Apple Watches.

At this rate they should be giving me free Mobile Service for a year!

applewatch.jpg

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

This issue is infuriating. I originally “activated” my AW4 a couple of weeks ago and just recently noticed although it had a LTE signal it wasn’t actually able to communicate. Have spent numerous hours with support who have done nothing. The watch LoS shows as inactive but support is unable to remove because they say it’s not active (if it was I likely wouldn’t have this issue...). Have an open ticket that has aged to 3+ days with no activity and support has the audacity to call and ask if the issue persists... seriously? I’ve unpaired, re-paired, etc. with no luck. Beginning to think this is hopeless. Even went in to the Apple Store and let them run diagnostics, which I knew wouldn’t yield any help, but it was to satiate the XMo rep. I have been able to get it to show as activated a second time after dozens of tries but still doesn’t work. Ready to give up here.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Looks that Comcast (Xfinity) have so nice contract, that Verizon (cellular network provider) just

started removing already activated watches.

Of course they will inform us (poor customers), that it was a "technical" issue . . . ha . . ha . . .

and that this Apple Watch 4 issue will be fixed soon . . . another ha . . ha!

What a shame!

Frequent Visitor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

A tier 3 person called me yesterday and my Apple Watch is now working on cellular.  From what I gathered he had the Apple Watches that were listed on my account removed...had me reset my watch and I was then able to activate cellular.  He did say that if you are talking to a tier 1/2 person or instore person they will not able able to assist you because they don't have the authority to have anything removed from your account.  Tier 1/2 will just have you on the phone for hours reading from Google on how to try and resolve.  Tier 3 resolved my issue in about 15 minutes.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Hope I will get a call from Tier 3.

Tomorrow will be exactly ONE FULL MONTH  without any resolution.

Five visits to Xfinity stores, about eight calls to Xfinity customer support with

NO HELP at all.  Still, nobody knows the basic info about fixing this problem.

I still cannot add my watch to my Iphone which is on my Xfinity account . . . .

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Problem solved thanks to ComcastChrisL  help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here