leporaj's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

I was able to activate the watch on go-live date, it looked like it activated - but now i'm seeing in the watch app it spins on "activate" and then fails to activate cellular.  If i walk through the steps again - eventually i'll hit an Xfinity Mobile page that tells me the watch is already linked to my account and to call in to get it working.  

So - i called in and this was the result:

1) Sir - you can't activate a watch with us, it's only iPhones

2) Ok - we got through that - Sir, you'll need to contact apple care

3) Ok - we got through that - Sir, you actually have to go in and turn on bluetooth (ugh)

Ok - so that was just some of the fun above ... at the end of the conversation I was told the following:

- You have to go into a store to activate the watch

- They (from the phone) are unable to remove the watch I activated on my account, as I have to go into the store to remove lines

Anyone else having similar difficulties?  Love the costs savings - but it's very reminisent of dealing with back in the day comcast technical support, and got no value from trying to call in to find out more information or get anything resolved.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

749 Messages

5 years ago

More things to try.  

If your Watch Cellular Settings show Xfinity Mobile and you don’t know whether you actually have cellular service from your Watch, here is another way to check:

Go to Control Center on your watch by swiping your Watch face up. You should see a green iPhone symbol on the top left of the screen. This means that everything is going through your iPhone. 

Next, Power down your iPhone, and you should now see your WiFi connection on your Watch. 

Next, toggle off WiFi on your Watch,  and your watch will show disconnected, and then eventually show green dots indicating the strength of your cellular signal, if any?

If no cellular signal, toggle off Cellular (two steps), and then toggle on again (two steps)

If still no connection it’s time to call Xfinity Mobile and ask for Watch support and a case number. They may have to delete the line they added for your watch, unpair and pair your watch from scratch, and then start the setup process again. Not fun!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm another user standing by, ready to active Apple Watch 4 via Xfinity eSIM. It appears from one Xfinnity page that it can be added to the By the Gig plan that I'm on.

Thanks for keepinng us innformed as you go.

(I had a not so fulfilling call with Support today, asking about eSIM support for the iPhone XR. The support rep didn't know what an eSIM was. After multiple holds, she said yes eSIM is supported for iPhones greater than XS. She didn't know how I wouuld change or exchange my physical sim for an esim, and couldn't or wouldn't transfer me to anyone that might be able to help.)

Problem Solver

• 

749 Messages

5 years ago

It sounds like you were trying to confuse the Xfinity Mobile support personnel and it looks like you did a good job!

Xfinity Mobile does not support eSIMs on iPhones or any other phones. 

Xfinity Mobile does support Cellular Apple Watches which do have eSIMs (embedded SIMs).

If you didn’t ever set up cellular service for your Apple Watch before, you can activate it for your watch by going into the Apple Watch App on your paired iPhone and go to settings > cellular and the Set Up Cellular. It’s a little tedious, be patient, and it works for most people. 

Look ok at some of the previous posts for advice if you have any problems. 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

My watch FINALLY is working!!! I had to get a new SIM for my phone and I was able to activate cellular then. I’m pretty pumped!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately that does not work for my issue, and it is ongoing. Went to store for 3rd time and spike with several Tier 3 techs who have yet to solve the issue.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

I visited Di(c)ksonCity store three times. Uselles! Simply, they do not

know how to fix activation of Apple watch (Oh .. Uh something went wrong).

Still waiting for resolution . . . maybe too optimistic?

Problem Solver

• 

749 Messages

5 years ago

Fq9228 Try the following:

1.) On iPhone, turn off WiFi Calling, turn off WiFi, power off, power on, power off

2.) On Watch, turn off WiFi, power off, power on, swipe up watch face to get to control center and toggle off WiFi if it came back on. It should say disconnected on top, and after a minute or so, show four green circles indicating cellular strength if it finds the Xfinity Mobile network. 

This eventually worked for my brothers Watch, after he got the Uh Oh. 

For my Watch I had to upair and pair my phone a couple of times, and then Xfinity Mobile had to remove my new lines a couple of times, and Set Up Cellular from the start several times. 

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Dave03,

Thanks for your advice.

Looks I have the same problem you had with your watch.

The watch is perfectly connected (paired) to Iphone. The Uh . .Oh problem

goes on "cellular setting"  - first of four steps is "login to your xfinity account"

which went OK. The next step (acquiring data) is the point where the setting fails

with famous Uh..Oh ...bla..bla..   Simply, the Apple Watch cannot be added to my account,

even I have one more line free (Xfinity gives you 5 lines max). I do not know exactly what the 

failing step  2 is doing and what is to be the step 3 and final step 4 - never got them.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Still sailing on the same boat. What a shame... got it a week ago. You would think they hire one expert at least. Lol

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello Lmarion1965,

Thank you for your time and for your contributions to the thread as they have furthered the conversation in a meaningful manner.  As I requested from leporaj, if you are still having issues with activating your Apple Watch, please reach out to me with a private message that includes the first and last name of the account holder and the mobile number of the device that you are going to pair your Apple Watch to. 

We greatly appreciate everyone's time and patience as we work towards bringing resolution to this issue.  

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastChrisL", then click "send message".     

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Additionally, for BYOW (Bring Your Own Watch), as of now, the only compatible Apple Watches that can be brought to Xfinity Mobile are those from Verizon and those that are purchased from retailers such as Apple, Best Buy, and Xfinity Mobile. 

If you are bringing over an Apple Watch as BYOW from Sprint, AT&T, or T-Mobile, those devices from those carriers are currently not compatible with Xfinity Mobile.  Compatibility will arrive later this summer.  Currently, we do not have an exact date for when this will take place.   

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello leporaj,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this pressing issue and for creating a thread that multiple customers have been able to make use of and hopefully obtain the information they were looking for.  Please feel free to reach out to me with a private message that includes the name on your account along with the mobile number to the device that you are using so that we may provide further assistance. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastChrisL", then click "send message".   

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello Dougbrent24,

As I mentioned to leporaj and Lmarion1965, reach out to me through a private message with the account holder's first and last name along with the mobile number of the device you will be pairing your Apple Watch to.  Rest assured that we are putting our resources to work for you guys and hope to bring resolution to this activation issue much sooner rather than later.    

As mentioned previously, click on my name "ComcastChrisL" and then click "send message" to contact me privately.    

Problem Solver

• 

749 Messages

5 years ago

Apple released watchOS 5.3 so there is a chance that this release may fix some of the activation issues that a few people are having? I recommend updating your watches. 

On your iPhone go to the Watch App, General > Software Update > Download and Install

Good Luck!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here