canalest's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

5g not working on 5g 'Bring your own phone'

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G phone from Xfinity Mobile a few months ago. It worked great, however, due to some construction near my home, the cell signal deteriorated to the point where I was dropping nearly ever call. I decided to switch carriers to T-Mobile which has cell towers unobstructed by the construction. I got the unlock code from Xfinity Mobile. When I went to signup at T-Mobile they put their sim card in and rebooted the device but was never challenged for the unlock code. Once switched over I notice I was not getting 5G. We suspected maybe phone was not properly unlocked. I called and verified with Xfinity Mobile that in fact the phone is unlocked. So that may not be an issue. But T-mobile folks say the problem is with Xfinity mobile and 'their ' phone. Has anyone else run into this?  Any resolution?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a galaxy Note 10.  I switched from AT&T to xfinity mobile.  With AT&T I had 5g pretty much wherever I was.  Now with Xfinity its 4G LTE.  Not cool.  My phone is paid for and unlocked.  When I go into network settings on my phone 5G is not even listed.  It shows Global the LTE...  I'm going into Xfinity tomorrow to what going on... Really frustrating!

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @canalest and @user_d862e0

I hate to hear about the cell phone issues you are both experiencing and cannot begin to understand the frustration. We have some specially trained, dedicated Xfinity Mobile experts in our forums. You can use this link to reach them directly. ( https://comca.st/3cC6xxd) :) They also work via Twitter using the handle @xfinitymobile and on Facebook too ( https://comca.st/3vXjsBa) If calling works better feel free to call us at (888) 936-4968.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here