vanjones's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Streaming Flex box

Wow, Comcast. Twice now I've been sent a streaming Flex box (I guess that's what it's called though it doesn't say as much on the packaging) so I can potentially be wooed away from Netflix and Hulu by watching the Peacock thing. Neither box worked.

You'd think a person would get used to disappointment from Comcast but I still am surprised and a little bummed each time.

Has anyone else had the remote fail to pair with the box? It's like Im poking a platic spatula for all the good it does, both times.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@vanjones wrote:

Wow, Comcast. Twice now I've been sent a streaming Flex box (I guess that's what it's called though it doesn't say as much on the packaging) so I can potentially be wooed away from Netflix and Hulu by watching the Peacock thing. Neither box worked.

You'd think a person would get used to disappointment from Comcast but I still am surprised and a little bummed each time.

Has anyone else had the remote fail to pair with the box? It's like Im poking a platic spatula for all the good it does, both times.

does the LED on the remote flash color(s) when you press the big Xfinity button? if so, what colors?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by the xfinity button  and LED flashing colors. The button with xfinity on it offers no colors when pushed but the little dash of light at the top goes green, then red, on the latest remote when I push the button marked xfinity.. Other one, red. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@vanjones wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by the xfinity button  and LED flashing colors. The button with xfinity on it offers no colors when pushed but the little dash of light at the top goes green, then red, on the latest remote when I push the button marked xfinity.. Other one, red. 

yes the one at the top. the two color flash means the remote can't find the set top box it is currently set up to control. press and hold the setup button and when the remote's LED changes color type the numbers 9 8 1 -- it should flash and go off. press the A button then on the remote (LED should flash red) and select remote setup and follow the directions on the screen. working?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for helping but I have no idea what the "setup" button is. There's nothing marked as such...

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@vanjones wrote:

Thanks for helping but I have no idea what the "setup" button is. There's nothing marked as such...

is your remote model xr11 or xr15? xr11's setup is in the lower left corner of the front of the remote.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

It's the newer, smaller one. Goes with the simple streaming box, not the full-on DVR. None of the shipping material gives the system a name. But the person on the phone called it a "Flex box" when they asked if I wanted one. Not knowing how difficult and time consuming the setup would be I said "sure"...

I've gotten two boxes and two remotes now and neither seems to work. Talked to two Comcast techs and neither could help. I appreciate your efforts though!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@vanjones wrote:

It's the newer, smaller one. Goes with the simple streaming box, not the full-on DVR. None of the shipping material gives the system a name. But the person on the phone called it a "Flex box" when they asked if I wanted one. Not knowing how difficult and time consuming the setup would be I said "sure"...

I've gotten two boxes and two remotes now and neither seems to work. Talked to two Comcast techs and neither could help. I appreciate your efforts though!

press the Xfinity button and the "i" (info) button for up to 5 seconds until the LED changes color. a 3 digit code will appear on the tv's screen. type those 3 numbers in. the remote will flash the LED. then press the xfinity button and the LED on the remote should now flash only 'green' on the LED. working? (directions are for xr15  voice remote). note the flex box is the same model as used for xi6 X1 set top box (last I heard).

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks but neither remote, in any way, has any effect on the box or tv. No code appears when I hold those buttons down although the LED does change to a flashing green. The xfinity screen, every time I restart the box, always gives the prompt to verify my phone number but with the remotes incapable of communicating with the box, inputting the number is impossible. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi@vanjones, 

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums to share your experience when attempting to set up your Xfinity Flex streaming box. I can help begin troubleshooting to help get this resolved. If necessary, I can also ship you a new remote for the box. Please send me a private message with your full name, the name of the account holder, and the house number of your address, so I can assist you. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message.   

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just received my Flex box yesterday and am having the same issue. I was able to pair the remote with my tv and that is working fine but it will not control the flex box. I can't get passed the initial setup option to select a language. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@bbesunder wrote:

I just received my Flex box yesterday and am having the same issue. I was able to pair the remote with my tv and that is working fine but it will not control the flex box. I can't get passed the initial setup option to select a language. 

when you press the channel up button on the remote what colors on the Remote's LED flash? also, does the remote have a small setup button at bottom left?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

No, checked connections problem still exist.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue , and Xfinity was no help 😞

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Did it ever work for you ?
Feeling frustrated.
forum icon