Purple28's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Gateway

Under devices in the XFI app it shows Arris Router not connected. I have the Xfinity gateway why is it showing as a wifi device and how is it not connected? My WiFi is working.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties. Can you please try rebooting your Gateway two times to get the latest firmware version loaded? In addition, please also try uninstalling and resinstalling the Xfinity xFi App. You can also log in to the following link: http://xfinity.com/myxFi 

As far as the Gateway goes,

To reboot, you can either:

1. Unplug the Gateway's power cord, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Once the Gateway comes back online, unplug it again, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in. 

2. Trigger a Gateway restart through xFi (from the bottom of the overview page), wait until xFi shows your Gateway as Online and then trigger another restart from xFi. 

You can check your firmware in xFi under Network > Gateway > Gateway Details. 

I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I tried all of your recommendations. My power went out today due to a storm. The gateway restarted and again I got a notification that an artist router was connected to my wifi for the first time. They have different Mac addresses each time. After a few minutes the "new" router disconnects. Do I need a replacement gateway? Is this one defective?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here