bruiserbaresi's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Notification of Unknown device ARRIS TG1682G connecting to my network at 3am

I received a notification via text/email that a device connected to my home network for the first time. It was an ARRIS TG1682G, which I believe is the same device as my current home wifi box.

I checked the MAC address on the actual box to the one shown in the XFi app for the 'newly connected device' and it is different.

Connection details in Xfi app display 0% activity.

What is this connecting to my wifi network? Should I be concerned and remove/pause/forget this device? Change my wifi passwords?

Thx in advance

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @bruiserbaresi  That was you connecting please look at the screenshots thanks!

gateway-connect.PNG

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@bruiserbaresi wrote:

I received a notification via text/email that a device connected to my home network for the first time. It was an ARRIS TG1682G, which I believe is the same device as my current home wifi box.

I checked the MAC address on the actual box to the one shown in the XFi app for the 'newly connected device' and it is different.

Connection details in Xfi app display 0% activity.

What is this connecting to my wifi network? Should I be concerned and remove/pause/forget this device? Change my wifi passwords?

Thx in advance

Their Advanced Security feature has recently been pushed to their gateway devices via a firmware update whether you want it or not, hence the hypochondriac notices. It's buggy.

We've seen many many posts about this here lately ! The work-around is to disable the Advanced Security and not use it for now, it's buggy.;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here