Cherylrw's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

New Pods - Connectivity Issues

Got my pods today and they were easy to set up. One of them is in my dining room, right off our patio, which is where we were hoping to get better coverage. The pod is right next to my work computer since I'm currently working from home. 

My problem is that my work computer automatically connects to that pod and once it does, I can no longer access any websites on my work computer. Everything just hangs up and won't load. If I unplug the pod, the websites load up super fast once the computer connects to the main gateway. This is a big problem!  How can I solve it?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Good Evening,
My apologies for the long wait for a response. I have found that sometimes you do not need all the pods, and they can work against each other and interfere with the signals. Try this: Unplug all the xFi pods. Then install them beginning closest to the modem and wait for the pod to turn white. Then the next and so on until you have what you need in place. If you have any other questions about the xFi pods feel free to reach out. Also- If you reset the modem (and external router if applicable), you may need to unplug the pods allowing them to reconnect. Be sure to go in the hierarchy order: Modem up, (router if you have one) and then the pods one by one. I hope you have an enjoyable and safe weekend ahead.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here