brian3173's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, November 27th, 2020 12:00 AM

Closed

Manual IP Port Forwarding

Is there any way I can manually set up a Port Forward using an IP address just as before?  I have no idea why we are taking steps back in terms of features.  This very simple "Select a Device for Port Forward" under Xfi is unnecessarily dumbed down.  Especially since it is useless as it does not display all my devices.  

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

Unfortunately, we are unable to change the limitations of Port Forwarding in our Xfinity Wireless Gateway. These features were designed with security and automatic configuration in mind. The best way to manage customer Port Forward configuration is to use your own router and place the Xfinity Gateway into bridge mode. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi brian3173, I totally get your frustrations with this so here's a bit of information that will help 🙂 Please click on this link and feel free to reply back to me here if you need anything further. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Hey Amir, thanks for the reply.  The article is helpful to an extent.  With a lot of unnecessary tweaking, I have gotten the router to appear as a device under XFi from disabling the advanced security.  However, it seems I can only forward basic ports such as port 80,443, surprisingly 8585.  But ports like 25565, 32400 can't even be added as a forward.  Not to mention I can't specify an internal/external port, I can only do it for both ways.  The article you linked is outdated in that regard, because that's when port forwarding configuration was normal.  Now we are forced to use this "Smart" device configuration that relies on the device to be configured with DHCP and drastically simplfies what is needed for optimal port forwarding.  

The main question I have is can this be changed?  I want to be able to manually configure a port forward.  Again, appreciate the help.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

You're welcome. Thank you for posting in the Forums. 🙂 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Alright thanks for the replies guys!

forum icon

New to the Community?