Roxdaniel's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 19th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Devices are paused but still connecting

I am using xFi to control the amount of time my children are using their devices. I have active time limits set and have toggled to have them pause for the rest of the day once their limits are reached. Sometimes it works. They reach their time, and they are no longer able to play Roblox, Minecraft etc. And sometimes the devices say they are paused in the app, but the devices are NOT paused. They are still able to access the internet and do live streaming/gaming/ internet searches. Etc. This is VERY frustrating. The device will have the pause icon shown in the xFi app but the hours of online activity continue to tic up and they are still connected. And as I said, sometimes it works. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Does anyone have an answer?

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I will be more than happy to help you! Please send me your Xfinity account number and full name inside a private message. All you have to do is click on my name to send me a private message. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

having same issue

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the exact same issues. I can pause them but each device is still connecting. Another issue is all if our phones and laptops or gaming systems are all listed under each person profile and fully assigned. Yet let's say my phone its under my profile and everyday I have to delete " forget" 10 listing for mine device. So when they are connecting they are jumping on a new ip and sometimes its a ip that is akrwady taken so then we continuously get dropped from wifi. Or get the message you're connected to wifi xyz connected without internet. And then system pop-up in notifications that (' messenger requires wifi or data to properly work and your wifi isn't connected would you like to switch to your mobile data plan to use messenger ") I've had techs come out the replaced faulty lines going to the road. But clearly something is still wrong

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi there. I wanted to follow up on this and let you all know that we may need to open a request for you, if the issue with pausing devices is still continuing. Please let me know if you would like assistance with that!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having similar issues to those described by Roxdaniel (devices paused by still connecting)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes still issue

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Still an issue for me too. I private messaged a technician as requested, and never heard back.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue where paused devices are still accessing the internet.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have this issue as well.  They have no answers as to why this is happening.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have this issue as well. Our son’s device is paused but the “active time” shows 11 hours on the network today. How is this possible?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here, would like a solution.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having this same issue. The problem is when I pause the device, it still shows activity on the device.  This has been happening for weeks and weeks and weeks. 

When will there be a solution to this? 

If the device is pause, it SHOULD BE PAUSED.

If it is paused then the device should not have access to the internet.

If this is not the right place to address these concerns then let us know where we need to send these concerns.  It is not fair that we post here and there is no official response or solution.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue, I need assistance getting this corrected.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It appears since the recent update, there is an issue with the auto-pause feature in the app. (time limit met or bedtime reached). A manual unpause then pause helped with some but not all devices.  In my case, it's cell phones that appear to ignore the pause feature altogether, even tested it out on my own phone and I had a connection just fine.  I really loved how the app uses to function before, now I have to be the bad guy and take the phone away altogether.  No, Comcast I'm not asking you to parent my children for me, but the feature was really great, and can it please be looked into? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem even if you manually unpause and pause still my son's device is connected and has the internet playing Roblox.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here