Community Forum

Xfinity stream question

Highlighted
Contributor

Xfinity stream question

Hello, I'm a comcast internet costumer, meaning I only have internet services. Recently I clicked on xfinity stream tab and it took me to buch of live streams,  I'm not really interested in watching streams but I was wondering if there is a way to close or terminate those streams on my end? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream question

@Tatyana1 wrote:

Hello, I'm a comcast internet costumer, meaning I only have internet services. Recently I clicked on xfinity stream tab and it took me to buch of live streams,  I'm not really interested in watching streams but I was wondering if there is a way to close or terminate those streams on my end? 

Thanks

no. note that most are also on the included for internet customers Peacock app. you can get a free set top box called flex too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

So those live streams are not eating my bandwidth? That's what I'm worried about. Sorry to be so confused about it. Like I said I don't want to watch any of those streams.

Highlighted
Expert

@Tatyana1 wrote:

So those live streams are not eating my bandwidth? That's what I'm worried about. Sorry to be so confused about it. Like I said I don't want to watch any of those streams.

I appear to have misunderstood your question. when you buy a cable tv subscription the streaming of the numbered channels, regular on-demand, and recorded programs do not count. viewing of 'internet apps' (clearly marked) does count as do apps for 3rd parties like netflix, peacock, etc. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes I know that but if you go to xfinity stream you will see many Live streams, those you can't terminate right? they are always there, its like a live TV program except that its on the internet right?

Highlighted
Expert

@Tatyana1 wrote:

Yes I know that but if you go to xfinity stream you will see many Live streams, those you can't terminate right? they are always there, its like a live TV program except that its on the internet right?

are they 'numbered' channels? (what are called linear).

Highlighted
Contributor

They are Sports on now and LIVE TV, they are always streaming.