CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream website known issue

**Update 12/12/2019**

With the recent release of Chrome 79 we have verified that we can no longer replicate this issue. In the coming week, all impacted users should start to see this resolved. In order to facilitate this fix, we recommend waiting until your Chrome version updates or manually performing the update yourself. For additional information on how to update your Chrome version, see here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Thank you again for your continued patience as we worked to resolve this. 

**Original Message 11/20/2019**

We are currently investigating a possible bug in Chrome 78 that may be causing issues with some customers when attempting to stream content on the Xfinity Stream website. In the meantime, we recommend trying one of the following workarounds by either:

1. Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome. Settings > Advanced > Use hardware acceleration when available > OFF > restart Chrome.

2. Play the TV GO version of the On Demand item. From the More menu button (… icon), choose Watch Options > choose the TV GO option (usually at the bottom of the list).

Additionally, we recommend that you check to ensure your devices and web browser meets our minimum system requirements needed to use the Xfinity Stream website, found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-website-requirements

Please note, not all web browsers/devices support the Xfinity Stream website.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you in advance for your patience as we continue to work to resolve this permanently. Once we have a permanent fix in place we will be sure to update this thread.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am only able to access "news" channels now as was previously able to access all channels and stream live with my Xfinity internet subscription. Is there a known issue? I'm not able to stream from the app or website.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@EmDavis85 wrote:

I am only able to access "news" channels now as was previously able to access all channels and stream live with my Xfinity internet subscription. Is there a known issue? I'm not able to stream from the app or website.

are you at home connected to your own home wifi? does the smart device work properly when connected to your own home wifi? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I was on an 1hr 20min phone diagnostic with tech Wednesday. I can watch live TV on my desktop running latest Chrome but I could not stream on demand programs. I would like to verify that this solution to turn off hardware acceleration in chrome worked for me. I can now stream on demand programming.

Thank you !

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When watching on-demand tv shows or movies the picture is distorted. It looks like poor connection but is not the intenet streaming, it works fine when watching live TV. 

Karen

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@karenruis wrote:

When watching on-demand tv shows or movies the picture is distorted. It looks like poor connection but is not the intenet streaming, it works fine when watching live TV. 

Karen

merged your post with this thread. please see first post for information.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Yes Rustyben is right

Try my solution 

Turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This initial issue was posted on 11/20. Any updates on a fix? I believe I am still being impacted and the work arounds you suggested don't help.

until the last month or so I used to be able to stream from my laptop while not on my home network. But now when I open the app I no longer have half the content available and I don't even have the option to browse TV Go channels. Nothing has changed on my end. So the issue continues to be with the platform. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@dlsugden wrote:

This initial issue was posted on 11/20. Any updates on a fix? I believe I am still being impacted and the work arounds you suggested don't help.

until the last month or so I used to be able to stream from my laptop while not on my home network. But now when I open the app I no longer have half the content available and I don't even have the option to browse TV Go channels. Nothing has changed on my end. So the issue continues to be with the platform. 

just today new chrome version 79 is out. worked for me (yay google chrome!)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have Chrome version 80.0.3987.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) and have been able to watch live TV on my pc daily. This morning, all I could get were 6 "To Go" channels - all of the filters were off & I reloaded several times. I even signed out, closed down and started all over with the same result.

Please look into this and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in resolving this issue.

Thnx

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issue as of Feb 21. Can't watch any saved shows, On Demand not working.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@KristineK1 wrote:

Having the same issue as of Feb 21. Can't watch any saved shows, On Demand not working.

do you see the menu system? able to sign in? see your recordings but will not play? what if you use a smart phone/tablet, then you see the recordings?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Xfinity stream to fire box how do I do that’s

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Jervisme wrote:
Xfinity stream to fire box how do I do that’s

currently available for Roku only if connected to a TV. some Samsung and LG TVs can also run the app.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here