Community Forum

Xfinity Stream website known issue

Highlighted
Administrator

We are currently investigating a possible bug in Chrome 78 that may be causing issues with some customers when attempting to stream content on the Xfinity Stream website. In the meantime, we recommend trying one of the following workarounds by either:

1. Disable hardware acceleration in Chrome. Settings > Advanced > Use hardware acceleration when available > OFF > restart Chrome.

2. Play the TV GO version of the On Demand item. From the More menu button (… icon), choose Watch Options > choose the TV GO option (usually at the bottom of the list).

Additionally, we recommend that you check to ensure your devices and web browser meets our minimum system requirements needed to use the Xfinity Stream website, found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-website-requirements

Please note, not all web browsers/devices support the Xfinity Stream website.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you in advance for your patience as we continue to work to resolve this permanently. Once we have a permanent fix in place we will be sure to update this thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Xfinity Stream website issues

I am only able to access "news" channels now as was previously able to access all channels and stream live with my Xfinity internet subscription. Is there a known issue? I'm not able to stream from the app or website.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream website issues

@EmDavis85 wrote:

I am only able to access "news" channels now as was previously able to access all channels and stream live with my Xfinity internet subscription. Is there a known issue? I'm not able to stream from the app or website.

are you at home connected to your own home wifi? does the smart device work properly when connected to your own home wifi? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream website known issue

I was on an 1hr 20min phone diagnostic with tech Wednesday. I can watch live TV on my desktop running latest Chrome but I could not stream on demand programs. I would like to verify that this solution to turn off hardware acceleration in chrome worked for me. I can now stream on demand programming.

Thank you !

New Poster

on demand

When watching on-demand tv shows or movies the picture is distorted. It looks like poor connection but is not the intenet streaming, it works fine when watching live TV. 

Karen

Expert

@karenruis wrote:

When watching on-demand tv shows or movies the picture is distorted. It looks like poor connection but is not the intenet streaming, it works fine when watching live TV. 

Karen

merged your post with this thread. please see first post for information.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream website known issue

Yes Rustyben is right

Try my solution 

Turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome