Community Forum

Xfinity Stream on Roku createDrmSession.403-102

New Poster

Xfinity Stream on Roku createDrmSession.403-102

I changed plans because "in 2019 my plan was changed to The Grandfather's Plan" and I was advised to go to streaming. OK, fine by me. I bought a bunch of Roku Ultra boxes and put one on each tv (I only use one at a  time but I'm a guy so I need one in every room). All are hardwired. I also bought memory for each box as advised. The system worked great. Satified with the performance, I returned all of my X1 equipment. I was using (and continue to use) my own Arris DOCSIS 3.0 modem. 2 days later, all of my Roku are unable to run the Xfinity Stream app. "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi... error createDrmSession.403-102" 
I've seen lots of posts, and appearently people have gotten help, but I've been on the phone every day for 5 days now with no resolution. Can anyone please help me?

 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream on Roku createDrmSession.403-102

OK, so how I got it to work is: I bought another modem, and as soon as the new MAC address was i the system, I was able to remove and add the streaming app and it works.

So now I have a few questions:
1. Is there a limit to the number of Roku devices I can have active on my account?
2. Is there a maximum number of concurrent streams?

2a. Do I need to logout or stop the stream when I am done (fell asleep or went to another room) and if yes, is there a timer setting I can use to automatically stop streaming after some time - say 4 hours?

 

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream on Roku createDrmSession.403-102


@bwalters520 wrote:

OK, so how I got it to work is: I bought another modem, and as soon as the new MAC address was i the system, I was able to remove and add the streaming app and it works.

So now I have a few questions:
1. Is there a limit to the number of Roku devices I can have active on my account?
2. Is there a maximum number of concurrent streams?

2a. Do I need to logout or stop the stream when I am done (fell asleep or went to another room) and if yes, is there a timer setting I can use to automatically stop streaming after some time - say 4 hours?


1. roku are seen as any other streaming device and free at this time.

2. if you have at least one X1 set top box active and installed in your home then 5 streams at one time are allowed.

2a. yes. a common problem is that a PC browser is 'closed' without stopping the stream leaving a stream session active. user should stop the stream and close the streaming session before exiting the browser or reboot of the PC. on Roku I just press left arrow until the stream has stopped.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream on Roku createDrmSession.403-102


@Rustyben wrote:

@bwalters520 wrote:

OK, so how I got it to work is: I bought another modem, and as soon as the new MAC address was i the system, I was able to remove and add the streaming app and it works.

So now I have a few questions:
1. Is there a limit to the number of Roku devices I can have active on my account?
2. Is there a maximum number of concurrent streams?

2a. Do I need to logout or stop the stream when I am done (fell asleep or went to another room) and if yes, is there a timer setting I can use to automatically stop streaming after some time - say 4 hours?


1. roku are seen as any other streaming device and free at this time.

2. if you have at least one X1 set top box active and installed in your home then 5 streams at one time are allowed.

2a. yes. a common problem is that a PC browser is 'closed' without stopping the stream leaving a stream session active. user should stop the stream and close the streaming session before exiting the browser or reboot of the PC. on Roku I just press left arrow until the stream has stopped.


Rusty,

If you leave the stream running, does it count against the data cap?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream on Roku createDrmSession.403-102

I was advised to return my X1 (?)

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream on Roku createDrmSession.403-102


@RobertWy wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@bwalters520 wrote:

OK, so how I got it to work is: I bought another modem, and as soon as the new MAC address was i the system, I was able to remove and add the streaming app and it works.

So now I have a few questions:
1. Is there a limit to the number of Roku devices I can have active on my account?
2. Is there a maximum number of concurrent streams?

2a. Do I need to logout or stop the stream when I am done (fell asleep or went to another room) and if yes, is there a timer setting I can use to automatically stop streaming after some time - say 4 hours?


1. roku are seen as any other streaming device and free at this time.

2. if you have at least one X1 set top box active and installed in your home then 5 streams at one time are allowed.

2a. yes. a common problem is that a PC browser is 'closed' without stopping the stream leaving a stream session active. user should stop the stream and close the streaming session before exiting the browser or reboot of the PC. on Roku I just press left arrow until the stream has stopped.


Rusty,

If you leave the stream running, does it count against the data cap?


if you mean the roku using the xfinity stream TV beta channel, then no. using the other internet channels on the roku then yes.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!