Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Hi All, 

For the past two weeks Xfinity stream has not been working on my Macbook. The website itself will load and I'm able to watch any recorded shows, but OnDemand isn't working. When I select a show it just keeps buffering. All other streaming websites are running perfectly okay (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc.). I called the 1-800 number earlier today, but they weren't able to resolve the issue. I've tried updating flash, clearing my cache, flushing my DNS cache, and even changing my DNS. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@S_Tamale wrote:

Hi All, 

For the past two weeks Xfinity stream has not been working on my Macbook. The website itself will load and I'm able to watch any recorded shows, but OnDemand isn't working. When I select a show it just keeps buffering. All other streaming websites are running perfectly okay (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc.). I called the 1-800 number earlier today, but they weren't able to resolve the issue. I've tried updating flash, clearing my cache, flushing my DNS cache, and even changing my DNS. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?


does on demand work on same wireless network (iOS/android)? did you try the chrome browser?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Hello S_Tamale. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. We'd like to help troubleshoot your Xfinity Stream issue. Are you able to answer Rustyben's questions? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

@S_Tamale @Rustyben 

 

I am having this same issue for about two weeks as well. I have called customer service and they could not resolve the issue, told me to clear my cache, cleared all history, have tried it on chrome and safari, nothing is working. The whole point of xfinity stream is to be able to watch when you are not at home, so I would not be in a situation to have it on the same wifi as On Demand. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@ruthbass7241 wrote:

@S_Tamale @Rustyben 

 

I am having this same issue for about two weeks as well. I have called customer service and they could not resolve the issue, told me to clear my cache, cleared all history, have tried it on chrome and safari, nothing is working. The whole point of xfinity stream is to be able to watch when you are not at home, so I would not be in a situation to have it on the same wifi as On Demand. 


using chrome or safari browser? what DNS resolver addresses are stored in your internet settings when away from home? (you should see the TVgo channels as well as much of the on-demand library and all completed DVR recordings as long as you are in the USA.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Hello ruthbass7241, thank you for creating a post. Can you tell me if the app works on another device that you have like a cell phone, tablet, or another computer? Do you get any error message while trying to access the app? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

I have also been having this issue the past few days. Would love to get to the bottom of this issue...

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

@sef1011 wrote: I have also been having this issue the past few days. Would love to get to the bottom of this issue...

 

Do you only have this issue on your MAC book? Have you tired accessing this content on any other equipment? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

I just downloaded the xfinity stream app and it works on there. But I would prefer to use it on my MAC vs my phone if possible.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Same problem.

 

Was working a few days ago. Now, I cannot play any shows from my saved recordings.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@DrGerm wrote:

Same problem.

 

Was working a few days ago. Now, I cannot play any shows from my saved recordings.


are the recordings still on the home DVR? do the recordings work on a smart phone/tablet using the xfinity stream app?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Same problem here.  Something about the Adobe Flash...having to enable it each time?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@rjhnl wrote:

Same problem here.  Something about the Adobe Flash...having to enable it each time?


the current use of flash is just to be sure the HDCP security is enforced and is to be replaced by Dec 31, 2020. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

I am having the same issue with XFINITY on Mac Pro as others. Had ot working for months and then it stopped. Error message says to empty browser cache. Did that and same error message appears. Have communicated with both Apple and Concsst with no success. Strange as xfinity stream continues  to work perfectly on my IPAD and IPHONE. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

This is happening to me, too, for about 4 or 5 days. Has anyone figured out a solution? I have watched successfully on my Mac Pro for years, but now this problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

I have lost the ability to stream live TV on both my MacBook and my Mac mini.  happened about two days ago.  Was hoping that someone figured this out.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@cptn_dan wrote:

I have lost the ability to stream live TV on both my MacBook and my Mac mini.  happened about two days ago.  Was hoping that someone figured this out.


do you get to the guide or list of recordings before it fails? error messages and error message numbers?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Same!  None of my recorded shows will play on my mac.   Called and no one could help

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@kpp231 wrote:

Same!  None of my recorded shows will play on my mac.   Called and no one could help


need more information. are you able to load the site and log in? are you connected to your own home wifi or to some other internet source? do you have listings for live TV (numbered channels) and TVgo channels? if so, do those play? have access to on-demand and on-demand go programming? do they show? play? do you get error messages/error numbers?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

First, I iused to be able to watch DVR'd programs on my mid-2009 MBP upgraded to 420GB SSD/8GB RAM.  Now I have the same problem people are talking about: DVR'd programs don't play on Safari.  They don't play because I can't access them!  When I try to connect all I get is a continuous three button loading icon and the statement that says "now connecting to your entertainment experience"  but the guide never appears.

All other streaming services work. I'm on home xfinity wifi.  TV shows that are currently ON the DVR will not play...the loading continues for at least 20 minutes, but it never actually starts the DVR'd program.  I can access the guide and watch DVR'd programs on my iphone and ipad. 

I CAN access the guide and watch these on Chrome and Opera.  However, they're terribly choppy with momentary freezing every 5-7 seconds.  Safari was a smoother viewing experience and now I can't use it.

 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@madeline300 wrote:

First, I iused to be able to watch DVR'd programs on my mid-2009 MBP upgraded to 420GB SSD/8GB RAM.  Now I have the same problem people are talking about: DVR'd programs don't play on Safari.  They don't play because I can't access them!  When I try to connect all I get is a continuous three button loading icon and the statement that says "now connecting to your entertainment experience"  but the guide never appears.

All other streaming services work. I'm on home xfinity wifi.  TV shows that are currently ON the DVR will not play...the loading continues for at least 20 minutes, but it never actually starts the DVR'd program.  I can access the guide and watch DVR'd programs on my iphone and ipad. 

I CAN access the guide and watch these on Chrome and Opera.  However, they're terribly choppy with momentary freezing every 5-7 seconds.  Safari was a smoother viewing experience and now I can't use it.


mac chooses not to allow flash (verifies security of the HD stream). I have a very inexpensive chrome book that plays it perfectly when using the chrome web browser.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Has anyone been able to fix the streaming problem with Macbooks? It just quit one day

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook

Xfinity Stream has never worked for me on my macbook pro, any thoughts? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Not Working on MacBook


@floridagirl2 wrote:

Xfinity Stream has never worked for me on my macbook pro, any thoughts? 


did you try using the chrome browser and enable flash?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!