CitizenKiryu's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta on Roku

I get a black screen anytime I try to access content on the Xfinity Stream Beta Roku app on both of my Roku Express 3900X models. I’ve performed an FDR on each Roku, but there’s been no change.
All other apps work fine.
Xfinity Stream works fine on my iOS and Android devices. My internet is fine (90mbps at last speed test). I rebooted my modem and router during troubleshooting.
Everything was working great a couple hours ago.
I’ve seen other posts similar. Anyone with ideas on what else to do?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Meant to also say....
It’s as if the content can’t be reached. Guide works, menus work. Hitting “Watch” on anything (live, DVR, on demand) is the trigger.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried all of the suggestions in the various threads and nothing has worked. Hopefully someone can tell us what's going on.

Just to reiterate, all of the other Roku apps are working fine.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just got off the phone with customer service. They said they're having an outage that is affecting the streaming service only. I've been having the same problem on my roku and mobile app. Finally got through to someone after 3 phone calls to customer service and that's what I was told.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just got an outage ticket number from a chat rep, for what it's worth. Can't see a place to check it but at least there is one, which means they know.
Ticket is INC001035632.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I got a message that there is an outage in my area, but it didn't specify streaming service. I tried the streaming app on my Android phone and got the same lack of performance, so I'm going to work on the premise that it's a streaming only issue which is why I still have WiFi access on my phone an laptop for Internet, but not TV.

On the phone I get "Playback Error::10600", but on my TVs connected to Roku, I get a blank screen.

I guess I can hang up my phone and wait to see if they get it back up around 5:00PM which is what they claim.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having this exact issue
Redone loading and installing the stream app did not solve anything

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The origin of the issue is Xfinity, not Roku. Roku is probably posting that because people are contacting them about the problem and they can't fix it.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Seems Roku has the issue for some reason....

https://support.roku.com/article/360006462593

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here